• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lateral Thruster 2.0

Winching about 7-8 feet and hooking the safety chain only takes about 30 seconds of cranking...we're always out of the water faster than power loaders. A little practice and coordinating with my wife is all it takes to launch or load quickly.

I'd like to see how you guys do it, especially staying dry in cold weather.

We used to walk the boat up onto the trailer and crank it. Now I just drive it on, and crank the few feet, end up being several minutes quicker. If I have my buddy with me, he just backs in and I drive it on, he cranks it up, and we are out of the landing in 60 seconds.

We used to walk the boat up onto the trailer and crank it. Now I just drive it on, and crank the few feet, end up being several minutes quicker. If I have my buddy with me, he just backs in and I drive it on, he cranks it up, and we are out of the landing in 60 seconds.
With the lakes being so low and the ramps so steep, it's super shallow at the ramp. It's pretty much not allowed anyway from what I've seen.

we dont stay dry, someone is getting in the water. But we generally are already wet or damp from a day of riding and or swimming hanging out.

we dont stay dry, someone is getting in the water. But we generally are already wet or damp from a day of riding and or swimming hanging out.
Exactly...I only get wet up to my calves or bottom of my knees when I walk into the shallow water to hook the winch strap, so even in spring or fall when the air and water is 50f it's a brief splash. I wear shorts and Crocs for launch and load so no worries about getting my feet wet.

With the lakes being so low and the ramps so steep, it's super shallow at the ramp. It's pretty much not allowed anyway from what I've seen.
Power loading is prohibited in most areas around here due to environmental impact and ramp damage - but they do it anyway. At one location the concrete ramps have been destroyed by power loaders blasting the seabed away and the concrete collapsed. Granted they're older ramps but in three years then went from worn but usable to destroyed. Further use has blasted the concrete into chunks and when the water level drops in the fall it looks like this:

ramp.jpg

Power loading is prohibited in most areas around here due to environmental impact and ramp damage - but they do it anyway. At one location the concrete ramps have been destroyed by power loaders blasting the seabed away and the concrete collapsed. Granted they're older ramps but in three years then went from worn but usable to destroyed. Further use has blasted the concrete into chunks and when the water level drops in the fall it looks like this:

Wow, that is horrible.

Wow, that is horrible.
Yeah people don't realize how powerful a blast of water can be - a firehose can knock you over, a powerful jet stream of water can actually cut through steel, and the Grand Canyon was carved by the Colorado River.

Good news is they've finally announced plans to completely renovate the ramps which is needed as it's one of the big bass fishing tournament areas before covid.

I know it’s still pretty early in the season, but Can anyone who has installed Lateral Thruster 2.0 on their 19’ boat share their opinion on the results?
I’ve had about 10 hrs after the installation. Well worth it! There is a learning curve associated with them.

Thank you. I ended up trying them out. I am happy with them too. Like you said, there is a learning curve, but they definitely are worth it

I sync mine when out in the general body of water but go back to independent in close quarters.

I really wish Yamaha would give you the option to un-sync if you have the throttles in an approximately identical position, click unsync, and verify it's what you want to do. It'd make my transitions between synced/unsynced smoother.

I sync mine when out in the general body of water but go back to independent in close quarters.

I really wish Yamaha would give you the option to un-sync if you have the throttles in an approximately identical position, click unsync, and verify it's what you want to do. It'd make my transitions between synced/unsynced smoother.
I hear you. Ye olde "cut thurst, click sync/unsync, resume thrust" is anything but elegant.

Any downsides to adding the Lateral Thrusters? High speed handling still okay?

Any downsides to adding the Lateral Thrusters? High speed handling still okay?
I have seen zero downside to my LTs. Some people say that reverse thrust is less, I have not noticed that. They do nothing at high speed, so no issue there either.

I agree. No difference except less reverse thrust. It’s noticeable, but it you won’t miss it. If anything I’ve found the decrease to be beneficial in low speed maneuvers

My 2.0 works great on my FSH190.

Anyone have these on a DRiVE system (paddle controls)? Seems like it wouldn't add much benefit.

Back