• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Leaking Shower Fitting

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So this spring when I tried to empty the antifreeze out of the shower I noticed I was getting some water in the starboard storage compartment where the pump and tank are located. I assumed that the pump was leaking, but upon inspection it appears that the leak is coming from the bulkhead fitting between the compartment and the area under the swim platform. (See attached picture part #23 or maybe 17) When I looked up the part, it's a ludicrous $70.

The area where this part is located is terribly inaccessible. It's behind the shower tank, nearly completely out of reach. Since it is so inconvenient, I have not done any disassembly/troubleshooting.

Should I order the part, or is this likely something that I can find a non-oem replacement for, like pvc plumbing parts?

upload_2017-6-16_7-38-12.png

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I had the same issue on our last boat, I found a part at Lowes that fit the bill. The original part was cross-threaded at the factory and stripped. You're right about being a pain in the ass, I had to remove the water tank and pull the wall out.

I also got rid of the crappy plastic hose and replaced it with one of those flexible metal hoses used for shower heads.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks Scott! I suppose I'll be removing the shower tank. Of course it has like 9.8 gallons in it right now too... :banghead: So that back wall comes out like most of the other bulkheads throughout the gunnels?

We rarely use the thing, but it is kinda handy since it's there.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yep it comes out, one screw on top and one on bottom I believe. Getting the tank back in is the hard part; there is a hole on the left side wall of the engine bay with a round cover over it that you'll use to access the screw holding the metal strap on top of the tank. It's not easy to reach. It's almost a 6 beer job...

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When I added the second bilge pump I spent a lot of time in that compartment. I had to lay on my stomach, with my chin resting on the tank and my arms above my head to tighten the hose clamp. It would have been so much easier with the tank out. If I would have only known then that I would have to remove it anyways... :mad: It may take 6 beers to rev me up enough to start this job.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bill D - not sure if you have a speaker on the swim deck but I removed my to help me do some repairs to my shower unit/nozzle.

Small diameter entrance, but does help out.