• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Leaving for Powell. What do I need?

Mike Carter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Going to Lake Powell for the very first time. Towing up my AR-230. Not camping out on the lake. We will rent a slip and hotel it. What are some must need things that I need to bring with me ? We will launch daily. Thanks in advance. Mike

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat keys...

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This app will help you out: Lake Powell Map App – Offline GPS Map App

Lake Powell is one of my favorite places on earth! Enjoy! It's a boater's paradise. Consider getting a houseboat next time to maximize your experience.

Mike Carter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beer lots and lots of beer, and a camera because you'll be chasing views on views there

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You need to bring me!

Actually, I'll be down there week after next ... probably just for the weekend. The marina is operating with a skeleton crew right now and the Walmart in Page is closed. ACE and Page lumber are open. I got a note from Aramark (I slip a houseboat in Wahweap) that services will start up this week and things will begin to open.

jim r wisco

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A map, locate the floating gas station. Go that direction!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You need to bring me!

Actually, I'll be down there week after next ... probably just for the weekend. The marina is operating with a skeleton crew right now and the Walmart in Page is closed. ACE and Page lumber are open. I got a note from Aramark (I slip a houseboat in Wahweap) that services will start up this week and things will begin to open.
That is a good tip. We normally stock up at the Walmart in Page the night before. If it is in fact closed, make sure you have all the snacks and alcohol you need before arriving.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Be prepared to have extra fuel on hand or be pulling the boat off the water to fuel. Last I have heard, there is still no on water gas (maybe by this weekend). Get ready to experience the best lake in the world.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Be prepared to have extra fuel on hand or be pulling the boat off the water to fuel. Last I have heard, there is still no on water gas (maybe by this weekend). Get ready to experience the best lake in the world.
At least the waste pumps are up, I know that. I heard that dangling rope is open for emergencies and fuel only.

Mike Carter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You need to bring me!

Dear sir... May I ask what are you using for a GPS on your boat ?

Mike Carter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm going in early June - got the houseboat for 5 days out of Wahweap - - can't wait - first trip. Buy the Stan Jones Map - its the best guide to Lake Mead. I'm going to download the Navionics map as well. Any other advice on Powell is greatly appreciated.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm going in early June - got the houseboat for 5 days out of Wahweap - - can't wait - first trip. Buy the Stan Jones Map - its the best guide to Lake Mead. I'm going to download the Navionics map as well. Any other advice on Powell is greatly appreciated.
Don't plan on Navionics working everywhere, Powell has a lot of spots without cell coverage (one of my favorite things about the lake). The water level is still rising so watch for debris and don't be afraid to tighten anchor lines every couple of days if needed. For your first trip, I would recommend looking for camping in Last Chance canyon, left side (west) usually has good beaches and it offers a central spot to go and do whatever you want. Good fishing along the walls near the front of last chance bay.

For fishing reports and other info on the lake, check out Wayne's Words: Wayne's Words

Have fun!