• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LED Install

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It was so nice out today I decided to do my LED install! I have to fix a spot by the throttle because I couldn't hide the led strip and it shows on the outside but that'll be for tomorrow!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@DJMattyT That looks awesome!! If you ever want to visit the great Pacific Northwest; you can help with ours!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nice looking results!

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great! What kind of material did you use to make the speaker rings?

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh yea!!! Im diggen it!

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Added the controller!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Added the controller!
Looks great!
So - did you end up using the one @Bruce recommended? I also like single color. Any pictures of the controller install and wiring?

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great!
So - did you end up using the one @Bruce recommended? I also like single color. Any pictures of the controller install and wiring?
I'm still playing around with controllers. I get the same one in the mail as Bruce tomorrow. This one was a little bullshit controller but I actually like it so we'll see lol

Ray Rosas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Here is mine I think I will add the speaker rings to add more color.. BTW if you have a 2016 or newer your speakers may already be RGB but only wired factory as BLUE. I added a few more speakers and water plugs but all the speakers are factory install, I simply connected the RGB wires to the Kicker remote and this is the effect I get :)

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, where is the link to the build thread on this? I see one mention of a kicker controller. I may have to dig into this a bit. Our friends new Bennington Pontoon came with an LED package with blue lights in all the cup holders, speakers and bimini. And I tell ya, the dim blue is perfect allowing person to see around the boat, but still allow for good night vision. Unlike white lights.

I could see some accent lighting, speaker rings and cup holder rings, as well as drain plug lights for swimming off the back. Let the searching for write ups begin.

Thanks for finding another spending weakness..

Ray Rosas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ok, where is the link to the build thread on this? I see one mention of a kicker controller. I may have to dig into this a bit. Our friends new Bennington Pontoon came with an LED package with blue lights in all the cup holders, speakers and bimini. And I tell ya, the dim blue is perfect allowing person to see around the boat, but still allow for good night vision. Unlike white lights.

I could see some accent lighting, speaker rings and cup holder rings, as well as drain plug lights for swimming off the back. Let the searching for write ups begin.

Thanks for finding another spending weakness..
My boat is the one referencing the Kicker remote. It works with this model speakers by Kicker as shown in my YouTube clip in this thread. I only added 3 more speakers to each side of my tower, everything else came with my premium sound upgrade from Scarab. They make a few different sizes. ( http://www.kicker.com/km-coaxials ) 2016 and 2017 Scarab boats come with these speakers already however ONLY wires set to blue from the factory...I wish they had the options for RGB but they dont. I needed to wire up the remaining RGB and add the remote to get color change function and features operating. The drain plugs operate on their own remote. Sorry for not being the best person for a complete write-up, there just wasn't much to it. This is what RBG cable looks like if your unsure, hopefully this helps. This is what is built into the specific Kicker speakers I'm running. You can get a spool of it and all ya need to do is match color to color and red to each speaker then make sure the remote ties to 12V & ground. https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/power-wires-and-cables/rgb-4wire-four-conductor-rgb-wire/45/288/?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=base&utm_content=RGB-4Wire&utm_campaign=GoogleBaseChild&gclid=CLCe5tHVlM8CFciIfgodz6AKbQ

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very cool, thanks for the info. I will probably have to do some research on this over the winter. I may want to create some custom speaker rings in the boat, and I have seen some cup holder mods too. My Kicker tower speakers were out at the same time a the LED ones, but I ordered without. That's fine though as it's not a necessity. Of course, none of it is, it's just very cool and festive when on the water at night.

Thanks again!