• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LED Lighting

MotMan616

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Has anyone added LED lights to their Chaparrals? Interior or exterior. If so, do you have any pictures of the lights. How difficult was the install. Was it worth doing?
Any information would be helpful.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I don't have a Chaparral jet boat, but on my Chaparral h20 that I traded, I installed interior leds. I bought blue led strips from academy sports that I found in the kayak section. They can be cut to fit and came with a hard track with screws to slide them into or they have 3m tape and can just be stuck on. I actually cut them in half and wired the cut end to make 2 out of 1, and wired them into the existing interior courtesy lights. 1 in each gunwale storage hole, 1 under each side of the helm.

This is the only picture I can find at the moment. 20160817_085540.jpg

MotMan616

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks F. M.
I like the blue light. That is the color of my boat. Plus I am thinking that at night it will be enough to light your way around the boat without being to obnoxious like a bright white light would be. It also seem like an easy mad.

gone2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I added a flexible LED light strip to the tower. My boat doesn't have the speakers on the tower but it is prewired for them so I used the factory wires. I'm not sure I would have been able to fish my own wires down through all the tubes. The light was only $25 from Bass Pro, but I took my time figuring out how the boat was pre-wired as not to mess something up.

lights1.jpg lights2.jpg lights3.jpg