• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Letting a buyer use my registration until title arrives from Yamaha - What's the risk to me??

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yes you can, ask for the vin number call the insurance and pay the premium it aint rocket science. i insured a range rover i was planning on buying before i even showed up to see it. Like i said have all the information before calling the insurance co,, I even had insurance for the 252 i was buying a whole week before i even signed the paperwork. dont be lazy gather all the information and call the insurance.
On the flipside - @amccoy ask your insurance about overlap (if required) in title transition.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
To the OP, good luck in the sale of your boat.

Jim

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank god Florida has finally gone to electronic registrations. So all that the companies have to do now is send the lien release (electronically) to the DMV and then the DMV sends you the new title. No more waiting for Yamaha to dig through the cellars for a paper title....

tgokaydin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure the buyer can't get insurance on the boat with out having a title in his name.
Even if it was possible for someone to insure the boat without having a title, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.

Personally I would not let a buyer take the boat until the titles are transferred.

I would be less worried about the registration numbers being in your name once the title is transferred.
Yes, the new buyer can obtain insurance on the boat without the registration or the title.

Coolbreeze704

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes, the new buyer can obtain insurance on the boat without the registration or the title.
I just purchased 2 PWC's in NC and added my insurance for both through United Marine Underwriters the day before I picked up and transferred ownership from seller.

the day before I picked up without any issue.