• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Life is Good, 2 Weeks in Hawaii

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A great view of Waikiki Beach. Staying 7 nights on Oahu and 7 nights on the Big Island.

20170225_155912.jpg

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Which Hotel? We were at the Aston Waikiki. Curious to know about the big island....that will be our next visit, most likely! Have a great time.....of course...its hard not too out there :)

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Which Hotel? We were at the Aston Waikiki. Curious to know about the big island....that will be our next visit, most likely! Have a great time.....of course...its hard not too out there :)
We are at the Hilton Waikiki Village Beach Resort in the Kalia Tower. We own a timeshare with Hilton Grand Vacations, all of their properties are awesome! Last time we were on the Big Island was for just 3 days, did not have much time to explore, but this trip being a week on Oahu and a week on the Big Island should give us plenty of time to do a lot of things. Google Big Island Manta Ray Night Snorkel and Dive, that's on our list.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Awesome, We stayed in almost that exact room 2 years ago. Loved that place but DAMN they can pull money out of you in a hurry.

Take a walk to eggs n things for breakfast one morning. https://www.eggsnthings.com/

Enjoy it.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome, We stayed in almost that exact room 2 years ago. Loved that place but DAMN they can pull money out of you in a hurry.

Take a walk to eggs n things for breakfast one morning. https://www.eggsnthings.com/

Enjoy it.
Indeed, this is our 4th year at the Hilton Waikiki Village Beach Resort, it's a wallet drainer but we keep coming back! We have eaten at Eggs N Things, good restaurant for breakfast.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have fun and hope you don't need to call Dog the bond man!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have fun and hope you don't need to call Dog the bond man!
Heck I have never been in trouble with the law, worst thing was a speeding ticket 25 years ago Lol.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Heck I have never been in trouble with the law, worst thing was a speeding ticket 25 years ago Lol.
hahahaha.....for 10 years....I WAS the law....Houston PD :)

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yesterday we drove over 100 miles exploring the coast of Oahu, absolutely stunning scenery everywhere!

20170226_132958.jpg

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Friday we are taking a Catamaran Tour to Kaneohe Bay to the Sandbar and to a reef for snorkeling.

20120726031443_958735076_1966_9.jpg

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We just got back! Stayed at Aulani on Oahu. Was immediately ready to turn right back around and go back.

Enjoy the stay.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We just got back! Stayed at Aulani on Oahu. Was immediately ready to turn right back around and go back.

Enjoy the stay.
Thanks! That's how we felt a few years ago, love it here, we have considered moving here a few times, but being close to our family is more important.

Just had a nice dinner with a buddy of mine and his wife who live here, we became friends through the Corvette Forum, he moved here for his job last year, they like it here, but extremely expensive to live here!

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Kua Aina sandwich shop in Haleiwa.
Shore Bird in Waikiki.
Dukes on the Beach.

Check out Manoa falls in Manoa valley. Short easy hike.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice!
We were thinking of going to HI when my wife gets back from her deployment in Julyish, we have now changed our minds to a cruise, probably a Disney Cruise. Main reason for changing our mind is that a lot of stuff we would want to do in HI we wouldn't be able to take my 4 year old on like hiking, zip lining....adventurous stuff like that.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice!
We were thinking of going to HI when my wife gets back from her deployment in Julyish, we have now changed our minds to a cruise, probably a Disney Cruise. Main reason for changing our mind is that a lot of stuff we would want to do in HI we wouldn't be able to take my 4 year old on like hiking, zip lining....adventurous stuff like that.
It's tough vacationing when the kids are little, after 28 years of raising our 3 kids we became empty nesters last year, really enjoying being just the two of us.

We are doing a family cruise at the end of April, over 20 of us going, we enjoy cruises except getting on and off the ship, you feel like a herd of cattle lol.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Kua Aina sandwich shop in Haleiwa.
Shore Bird in Waikiki.
Dukes on the Beach.

Check out Manoa falls in Manoa valley. Short easy hike.
We have been to Dukes in the past, will have to check out the other places. Thanks for the recommendations.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Kaneohe Bay Sandbar was incredible.

20170303_124831.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO Next week when you are on the big Island make sure you check out Parker and Kahua ranches. Parker is my wifes ancestral home. She is the 9th generation of Parkers/Smarts. Although she never lived on the ranch, we were the last family members to stay at Puuopelu as it was being turned into a museum just before her grandfathers death in 1992. We have old footage (1930s) of how they used to swim the cattle out to the ships and then pluck them out of the water, pretty wild. Here is my wife sitting on a stone wall along the long driveway to Puuopelu back in 1988.Willow-puuopelu2.jpg and riding on the ranch with her dad Gil,Gil & me.jpg and tacking up at pukalani stable.pukalani3.jpgHave some fun on the Big Island Dan Aloha.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO Next week when you are on the big Island make sure you check out Parker and Kahua ranches. Parker is my wifes ancestral home. She is the 9th generation of Parkers/Smarts. Although she never lived on the ranch, we were the last family members to stay at Puuopelu as it was being turned into a museum just before her grandfathers death in 1992. We have old footage (1930s) of how they used to swim the cattle out to the ships and then pluck them out of the water, pretty wild. Here is my wife sitting on a stone wall along the long driveway to Puuopelu back in 1988.View attachment 52209 and riding on the ranch with her dad Gil,View attachment 52210 and tacking up at pukalani stable.View attachment 52211Have some fun on the Big Island Dan Aloha.
We will make it a priority to visit there and pay homage to your Wife's Family.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length