• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Limp Mode Help

Alex L

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
How much of a pita is swapi g the oil sensor? What all needs to get removed to get to it?

Would the dealer be able to tell if just the pump is bad, or just the sensor? Or is it one of those deals where they'll start by replacing the sensor and then if that doesnt work, they'll replace the pump...

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think you can ohm test the sensor to prove its bad before removing it but you need the shop manual to find out what wires to test in the wire harness plug. If you've never worked on a jet ski motor, I wouldn't start today. The sensor is near the bottom of the motor and you'll need to work by sense of touch......it's not fun.

Alex L

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well, gave my local seadoo dealer a call. They wouldnt touch it. Said their software wouldnt read the computer. Told them with the recent update that it would....Then changed his excuse to that he wouldnt be able to get parts....looks like i wont be on the water this weekend :(

Alex L

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yeah. Ive come to the realization that i wont be on the water for a few weeks.

Yesterday i was able to transfer the warranties over to my name. (Purchased 2 weeks ago) Both Hull and BRP. What are the chances that this will be covered under warranty? Standard warranty goes until May 2017 and the best warranty goes until 2019.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@ScarabMike is right on with the CanDoo Pro. I had a high exhaust warning when I sucked up some lilly pads, but it would not display a code. I hooked up the CanDoo Pro and it told me everything I need to know and I was able to clear all codes.

Kchonline

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
What's the odds the oil pump is bad? After that much work and it still consistantly says oil.pressure I would almost be afraid to run it... I agree that the sensor is far more likely but I'd the sensor is correct and there really is low oil pressure running it could be bad on you motor! Like.... real bad!
I am dealing with this now, how did yhis turn out for you?

8secstang

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Did you change the oil pressure switch