• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Lock handle replacement

Hello!

Yes. Was hoping to bring these to market months ago. Had an unfortunate incident in which the local plater who did amazing anodizing work closed his business and retired. With no other plater local to my shop, I shipped the parts out for anodizing. When they came back, the results were horrible. When I had them stripped and re-done, critical tolerances became out of spec. Had to scrap a large batch of parts. Luckily the shitty anodizer reimbursed me by at least replacing the cost of material.

Fast forward to now, I have brought anodizing in house; process bugs and learning curves have been worked out. My Brother Speedios have been hauling ass making a new batch of parts. Hoping to get these released by Early/Mid-June at the latest. Current colors will be blue, black, gray, and natural. Considering an engraving option for the handle portion as well.

Thanks for inquiring!
When you get them done please post, I am interested as well.

I can’t find any pics from Bill’s boat but there on here in other posts so you may be able to find them. He doesn’t post on here anymore. I did find a thread where @swatski installed slam latches on his bow anchor locker door. Similar process anywhere else on the boat I believe.

View attachment 178432
Yes, that mod held up very well.
I lost the factory lock/hatch during one of the Bimini crossings, the factory latch was trash. GEM lock works very well. Needed some adjustments IIRC.

I did the swap out with the white cap. Same thing only black was available but it looks great I used it on the ski locker then took that one and used it on the clean out tray. As mentioned the locking cam legs are different they did release and needed to be swapped. One other thing that’s different from the Yamaha to the white cap is when the handle is pressed down it engages more tension on the locking leg white cap does not do this. The factory Part from Yamaha is almost the same price as the white cap. There are plenty of these latches on the market in stainless the problem is they need to be for a 2 1/2” hole white cap had the only affordable 2 1/2”” the problem is it mentions fresh water use only.

Last edited:
Back