• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

looking at a ar240 or 242 limited S

Boatingduck123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey all
I am going to our boat show next weekend to look at the new AR 240 and the 242 Limited S. I am looking to upgrade from my 2003 Ebbtide IO. I am looking for advice from here instead of some salesman who probably doesnt even own a boat. So I am pretty convinced on the jet drive for safety of my kids and the past 2 summers I have sent my prop out to be repaired after getting too shallow. My questions are 1. Has anyone driven the new 19's- It looks like they upgraded the jets - Do they have better low speed control (as they claim)? or should I still plan on adding the Cobra jet steer or the thrust vector? Is one better than the other? 2. Noise -are they much noisier than an IO or is it not noticeable with wind noise when your running. 3. Any opinion on why the 242 Limited S is worth the extra money - I have come to the conclusion that Yamaha doesn't really deal on price maybe a grand or so - Maybe they just dont inflate the price then offer thousands off like we are used to. I also looked at the Vortex nice boat but I cant get over the turbo rebuild every few years

Thanks

JMSGA

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The superchargers on the vortex boats no longer need to be serviced on the new boats.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I believe some of the differences in AR and Ltd S are:

Better upholstery
Different tower
More (better ?) stereo and speakers.
Docking lights
Wash down shower

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you get AR with the Fly by Wire throttles??? Or is that Limited S only or different version? That's the big differentiatior that you can't easily install after the fact.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can you get AR with the Fly by Wire throttles??? Or is that Limited S only or different version? That's the big differentiatior that you can't easily install after the fact.
No, you can't. But, that's not on the Ltd S either. Only the Ltd S E series and X have the fly by wire.

S E has the big bimini, too. The Ltd S has the smaller tower/bimini.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
AR240 is a great value boat. Limited S is just nicer aesthetically and a few more features. Was worth the upgrade to me.