• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at a new boat

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Greetings all,
I currently have an '06 Sea Ray 185 sport... Well, until Tuesday. I am looking at getting into Yamaha and ordering a 2019 AR210. Are there any issues I should look for? (aside from all the dents in the boat from women throwing themselves at it) Questions I should ask? Never had a jetboat before and looked at the Chaparral 203 vortex as well, but the whole "reverse is reversed" seemed odd to me. Just want to know what I might be getting into.

Thanks much.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I also came from a prop boat 18' Four Winns to Yamaha with my SX190. Steering will take some getting used to. I would highly recommend thrust vectors and the lateral thrusters. Low speed and reverse manuevering is a world of difference since I added those to my boat! I would ask the dealer for a water trial or test drive before you commit to the purchase. You might also check the forums here and on facebook, there might be someone close to you who can answer more specific questions or help with a test drive.. Good luck!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I also came from a prop boat 18' Four Winns to Yamaha with my SX190. Steering will take some getting used to. I would highly recommend thrust vectors and the lateral thrusters. Low speed and reverse manuevering is a world of difference since I added those to my boat! I would ask the dealer for a water trial or test drive before you commit to the purchase. You might also check the forums here and on facebook, there might be someone close to you who can answer more specific questions or help with a test drive.. Good luck!
Thanks, we are doing a sea trial tomorrow on a limited S, they don't have an AR210 to test, but Im assuming the ride is the same minus the TR1 engine. The thrust vectors and lateral thrusters are aftermarket? or can I have the dealer put them on when we order it? Also, we are having them take out the copilot bench and put in a chair. How is tubing and skiing with them? The wake/spray? How are they in rougher water because you cant trim?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, we are doing a sea trial tomorrow on a limited S, they don't have an AR210 to test, but Im assuming the ride is the same minus the TR1 engine. The thrust vectors and lateral thrusters are aftermarket? or can I have the dealer put them on when we order it? Also, we are having them take out the copilot bench and put in a chair. How is tubing and skiing with them? The wake/spray? How are they in rougher water because you cant trim?
You will want to test drive an AR210 before you take delivery as well there is a drastic difference in performance from the twin 1.8l models and the twin tr1 models. You will want to make sure you are ok with that difference as it is big I think the 212 Limited tops out around 55mph and from what I'm seeing on here the AR210 is going to top out around 40 mph.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The thrust vectors and lateral thrusters are made by Jet boat pilot. Google them, they have dealers all over. My yamaha dealer was a dealer for their products but I was able to get the products cheaper during a memorial day sale. Installation was pretty easy. I havent tubed or skied with mine yet so I cant comment but I'm sure you will be happy. The swim platform is great for so many uses! I've had my boat in the atlantic ocean on 4th of july. slight wind about 4-7mph seas about 1.5 feet and it was still an enjoyable afternoon of fluke fishing. I normally run on the Delaware river and even during tidal movements on choppy days, it my boat rides nice. Granted I'm not fastest boat on the river but I have no intention of being that guy.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you have the means, I would highly recommend the 212LS over the 210 any day. For the money, you get a much nicer boat with better performance and reliability (there are some documented issues with the TR-1's on the jet ski forums). That being said if top speed and upgrades are not your thing then the 210 is a nice boat. Just know going into the test drive that the 210 and 212 are different boats.