• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking at selling my 2017 212X, any idea on price?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
My family is looking at possibly moving on to a new boat. We love this boat, its our baby, and there is so much we will miss about the Yamaha platform. We just feel a purpose built wakeboat will better fit our use these days. With teenagers that want to surf and wakeboard all the time just seems to be the right thing to do for us right now. The problem is what do you price these boats at. Researching I'm seeing upper $50k - that sounds ridiculous to me. I'm not looking to gouge anyone or take advantage of the boat shortage, I just want a good price that is fair. I do have some add-ons
Extensive LED install
Ridesteady (custom in dash install)
cobra AK fins
JB Lateral Thrusters
Custom swim deck ballast bag
Yamaha Wake Booster

Runs great, hull has a few minor nicks here and there. Very bottom of the hull has some hard water chalky-ness but the rest of the hull is in very nice condition (wiped down with hot sauce after every outing).

Any ideas on price for this boat?

Maybe somewhere around $55k give or take. Would be in line with NADA.

1629126655243.png

When I financed my 212S my credit union used NADA for the value and would only make the loan for 10% below the NADA average retail (the percentage could be higher depending on C.score). The 10% was basically the down payment. If the seller wanted more than average retail the buyer would need to pony up the additional cash. Meaning if you go to high it might be out of reach for some buyers to secure a loan. That being said, I wouldn't go to far north of average retail, but the ride steady is a pricey add on.

Maybe somewhere around $55k give or take. Would be in line with NADA.
I agree. $55k seems reasonable.

2020 212S just sold on here a few weeks ago for $62k. I've seen reports of others getting into other similar year 212S's for mid to low $50's. I think NADA you posted supports that as well. Only real "value add" upgrade is the RideSteady. Might get a few bucks from the rest, but they are small in comparison to the rest of the boat IMO.

@MidnightRider You're not "taking advantage" of anyone or "gouging" at any level. The market is what it is, and I think a mid $50k price will most likely get the new owner a good value, and you a quick sale.

I agree. $55k seems reasonable.

2020 212S just sold on here a few weeks ago for $62k. I've seen reports of others getting into other similar year 212S's for mid to low $50's. I think NADA you posted supports that as well. Only real "value add" upgrade is the RideSteady. Might get a few bucks from the rest, but they are small in comparison to the rest of the boat IMO.

@MidnightRider You're not "taking advantage" of anyone or "gouging" at any level. The market is what it is, and I think a mid $50k price will most likely get the new owner a good value, and you a quick sale.
I did love seeing 2020 212S go for 62,000 I bought my 2020 212S for 52,000 last August.?

I did love seeing 2020 212S go for 62,000 I bought my 2020 212S for 52,000 last August.?
I don't know for certain, however I think the one local to me sold for $62k. He was at $64k, dropped to $62k, then came back and closed the ad as sold. I'm guessing he got at least $60k as fast as it went. Less than 7 days on market.

Thanks guys for the input. Still thinking - the other thing that has me hesitating is just the ability to get new boat right now. Such a weird time to buy and sell anything right now.

Thanks guys for the input. Still thinking - the other thing that has me hesitating is just the ability to get new boat right now. Such a weird time to buy and sell anything right now.
I 100% get this.

I'm ready to upgrade. I mean READY. However I won't sell my current boat until a new boat is within reach. I'm more concerned with having a boat to finish the season than I am with having an upgrade. Not gonna miss any water time for the upgrade.

We'll see how the winter goes :D

Well if you can qualify for two boats, just order your new one and when it comes it close on it. Then sell your existing one. I personally couldn't do this, but in a perfect world it works out.

@HangOutdoors has a good idea, but I have a better one. Consider this: Trade for a 2021 AR195. I just so happen to "know a guy" that is looking for a 212X and is willing to go even-steven for a 2017 212X.

If you're interested, I can connect the two of you....... :p

My family and I got really lucky, sold our Ar190 last July and was going to wait till August for the 2021's to be released and then make a decision. Fortunately a used 2020 212S went up for sale two days after the 190 sale and only 5 miles up the road, so we jumped on it. Thank Neptune we did or we might have been boatless this summer. At the time I thought I got a fair deal but in hindsight (I tell myself) I got a great deal $4000 below msrp, no sales tax, prep/trans fees and the mooring cover.

My family and I got really lucky, sold our Ar190 last July and was going to wait till August for the 2021's to be released and then make a decision. Fortunately a used 2020 212S went up for sale two days after the 190 sale and only 5 miles up the road, so we jumped on it. Thank Neptune we did or we might have been boatless this summer. At the time I thought I got a fair deal but in hindsight (I tell myself) I got a great deal $4000 below msrp, no sales tax, prep/trans fees and the mooring cover.
I really think a 212S is where I want to land. 212X is a second choice and an AR240 is a 3rd.

Worried about the extra ballast tanks and weight in the 212X over the 212S. We don't currently wakeboard or surf or do much of that so, meh with those features. Worried about size on the trailer with an AR240.

The 212S and AR240 both get into the low 50mph range. 212S is a little faster overall. Not sure I would use the ballast on the X. I might. Family hasn't asked to surf yet, but the 10yr old is afraid of everything, and I suspect the 3yr old is going to be afraid of nothing, so we'll see how that goes. Worried the AR240 is too big behind the Q7, although Julian, Swatski, and a few others have done it with good results reported back. Would really prefer the simplicity of cable throttles and steering with the addition of RideSteady (want the engine RPM matching, and high speed GPS cruise the E-boats don't do so well at). I'm all about consistency in performance, and I think any of those three would get me a good consistent performer, regardless of air temp, and where people sit in the boat. Definitely need the seating capacity to be more than 9 though. We have a family of 4 and have a few families of 5 we would like to take with us, and 4 adults 4 kids is already "snug" on our 190.

I think it would be a tough call to chose between a 212S or an AR240. I think either would work well for us. Wife would get the 240 every time for the extra size since we'll be moving to offsite storage regardless of which one we get. She has more say in the decision than I do, so you can see where that will get me :D

I really think a 212S is where I want to land. 212X is a second choice and an AR240 is a 3rd.

Worried about the extra ballast tanks and weight in the 212X over the 212S. We don't currently wakeboard or surf or do much of that so, meh with those features. Worried about size on the trailer with an AR240.

The 212S and AR240 both get into the low 50mph range. 212S is a little faster overall. Not sure I would use the ballast on the X. I might. Family hasn't asked to surf yet, but the 10yr old is afraid of everything, and I suspect the 3yr old is going to be afraid of nothing, so we'll see how that goes. Worried the AR240 is too big behind the Q7, although Julian, Swatski, and a few others have done it with good results reported back. Would really prefer the simplicity of cable throttles and steering with the addition of RideSteady (want the engine RPM matching, and high speed GPS cruise the E-boats don't do so well at). I'm all about consistency in performance, and I think any of those three would get me a good consistent performer, regardless of air temp, and where people sit in the boat. Definitely need the seating capacity to be more than 9 though. We have a family of 4 and have a few families of 5 we would like to take with us, and 4 adults 4 kids is already "snug" on our 190.

I think it would be a tough call to chose between a 212S or an AR240. I think either would work well for us. Wife would get the 240 every time for the extra size since we'll be moving to offsite storage regardless of which one we get. She has more say in the decision than I do, so you can see where that will get me :D
We have looked at the 24 and 25, my wife sayed "hell no, can you imagine wiping it down and putting the cover on" cleaning the 190 and wrapping it up was breeze.

My opinion is that if you have plans on selling the boat, go ahead and do it now. We are on the downhill side of the season and the market is still hot. Personally, I don't see used prices staying at this level next Summer, so I would take advantage of the current market. This would let you go ahead and make a reservation for a new boat. After all the sooner you pre-order the sooner the new boat arrives. Tomorrow, we should know what the real prices are for 2022 Yamahas, if you plan on staying with the brand.

Jim

My family is looking at possibly moving on to a new boat. We love this boat, its our baby, and there is so much we will miss about the Yamaha platform. We just feel a purpose built wakeboat will better fit our use these days. With teenagers that want to surf and wakeboard all the time just seems to be the right thing to do for us right now. The problem is what do you price these boats at. Researching I'm seeing upper $50k - that sounds ridiculous to me. I'm not looking to gouge anyone or take advantage of the boat shortage, I just want a good price that is fair. I do have some add-ons
Extensive LED install
Ridesteady (custom in dash install)
cobra AK fins
JB Lateral Thrusters
Custom swim deck ballast bag
Yamaha Wake Booster

Runs great, hull has a few minor nicks here and there. Very bottom of the hull has some hard water chalky-ness but the rest of the hull is in very nice condition (wiped down with hot sauce after every outing).

Any ideas on price for this boat?
Still have this boat ?

Back