• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR210/212X Ballast Intake Locations

willdo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm doing a ballast upgrade on my 2019 AR210. I will have 3 ballast I'm going to install(ski locker,port and starboard rear compartments). Does anyone have a 212X from 2019 or with the same hull that can show me where the ballast intakes are?

If I'm putting holes in my boat I would like to do it in the best place possible. If I'm looking in the engine compartment it looks like there are two fibreglass bottom layers where the bilge is. Is that an issue with thru-hulls? Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On my 2017 212x, one is in the engine compartment on the starboard side and the other is in the ski locker about even with the windshield.

willdo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On my 2017 212x, one is in the engine compartment on the starboard side and the other is in the ski locker about even with the windshield.
Thanks, wonder if there are any major hull changes between the 2017 and 2019s.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I can’t see how. Pretty sure the dimensions are the same. Major change in 2023

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just be sure you install a sea cock valve and use 5200 liberally. Double hose clamp everything below the water line.

willdo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys, Dave is there any way you can take a photo of the exact locations for me to reference? I will make it worth your while ;)

I just want to triple-check before I drill it in and that I'm around the same area. I can find some space in the engine bay, but my main concern was just making sure I wasn't drilling where there may be a double layer of fibreglass or where the bilge section was as I believe there is a dual layer there as well.

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’d be to but unfortunately my boat is in winter storage and I won’t be able to access it until early May. Is that too late for you?