• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for a black Bimini top for a 2010 to 2014 Limited S

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Long story short, I had a custom top made, it got shredded last year and I just found out that the upholsterer that made it retired. Rather than try and find a new one who would have to develop one from scratch (because I can’t find the stock top to use as a template) I’m hoping someone here can refer me to an upholsterer that has made these before. I already reached out to @piney1 and @BigN8 as they had something going per a 4 year old thread but am not sure if either are active here anymore. Hoping another member can help me out.

Long story short, I had a custom top made, it got shredded last year and I just found out that the upholsterer that made it retired. Rather than try and find a new one who would have to develop one from scratch (because I can’t find the stock top to use as a template) I’m hoping someone here can refer me to an upholsterer that has made these before. I already reached out to @piney1 and @BigN8 as they had something going per a 4 year old thread but am not sure if either are active here anymore. Hoping another member can help me out.
Ronnie,
Did you have any luck getting a top made?

Ronnie,
Did you have any luck getting a top made?
Yes. That is, I mailed in all my components and spoke to the guy a few days ago. After receiving my Deposit he let me know that my material was ordered and expects to complete and ship my new top to me within 2 to 4 weeks. This was last Sunday.

I also gave him permission to copy and sell my custom boot. I think he is planning to do so now that he has seen how it works/how convenient it makes deploying and stowing the top per this video.

I have no idea what he will charge for it as I’m just having him repair mine (patch some holes and replace broken zippers) but the first one I had made by a friend at home. My current boot is based on the homemade version and cost me about $500 from a local marine upholstery shop.

Hi Ronnie, I really like your Bimini top design. Any chance you could give me contact info for your new upholstery person to see if I can get one made?
-Shawn

Hi Ronnie, I really like your Bimini top design. Any chance you could give me contact info for your new upholstery person to see if I can get one made?
-Shawn
I will try to locate his contact info when I get home tonight. It’s in a post or two here as well but I recall I got it wrong on at least one string. Pretty sure I have his business card at home.

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

I couldnt find the business card but did find this, it’s the right number. George is cool, this is his post retirement work from home. Please keep in mind he is on the east coast (EST) when you contact him. He has a template of my Bimini top, extension and boot. Not sure what he will charge as I only had him make a new top and patch the boot. If you have him make an extension keep in mind that you will have to supply the bimini bow and mounts for it. Mine came out of an oem extension for an 06 ax 230.
9786C014-36D9-4E03-B457-A6F48E324AB4.png

Thank you so much!!

Back