• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking For Jet Boat Mobile Mechanic in the Tampa Bay Area

tommyh916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello All!

I am looking for a Jet Boat Mechanic that can work on my 2016 Chaparrel Vortex 243 Jet boat in the tampa bay area. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know! Thank you in advance.

@Dean P may know of one in the area. He has a Chaparral.

Last edited:
Hi! Depending on what needs to be done, contact Cycle Springs. I purchase parts from them as they sell SeaDoo and Scarab (as well as Yamaha).

I purchased my boat from Dealers Choice Marine in Orlando. I'll trailer it out there if I really get stuck.

You can also try Tom. He is a service guy that may be able to help. PM me for his phone number.

There is a FB group you can join with other Chaparral boat owners. Good luck!

Last edited:
Wanted to follow up on this post. Any other suggestions? I spoke with a guy who calls himself “Dr. Dockside” but then he had to cancel and didn’t seem real interested in rescheduling. Other places I’ve called have given lukewarm responses to their ability to work on jetboats. I see Cycle Spring added a mobile option but I’m sure that’s booked our weeks at best.

Wanted to follow up on this post. Any other suggestions? I spoke with a guy who calls himself “Dr. Dockside” but then he had to cancel and didn’t seem real interested in rescheduling. Other places I’ve called have given lukewarm responses to their ability to work on jetboats. I see Cycle Spring added a mobile option but I’m sure that’s booked our weeks at best.
There's only one way to find out. Mobile is/was $100 just to come out.
You can try Barney's (Barney's of St. Pete - St. Petersburg, FL - New & Used Boats, Parts, Accessories and More).
I suspect most places are jammed but depending on what needs to be done may dictate wait times.

Back