• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for Yacht Blue touch up paint.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the Dealer the only source? I just want a small bottle for dock dings and such.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rsg1963 Spectrum Color is the OEM gelcoat manufacturer. Call (800) 754-5516 during business hours and have your boat manufacturer, model, hull ID, and color of gelcoat you need handy - they will tell you the order number for the exact kit you need. If it is not any major amount of surface, 2oz. paste kit works best.
Once you have the kit number, order it online from iBoats.com, it is about $30. Very good quality and the color match is perfect.

Here is a good example:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/gel-coat-repair-with-spectrum-color-match.1641/
--

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Swatski, that's a great option!

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Greg, I checked that site and they do not show anything past 2011 for colors, so I called them. They verified their 'yacht blue' for the 2011 is the same as my 2016 and I ordered a quart (even though I only needed about a tablespoon's worth).

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Greg, I checked that site and they do not show anything past 2011 for colors, so I called them. They verified their 'yacht blue' for the 2011 is the same as my 2016 and I ordered a quart (even though I only needed about a tablespoon's worth).
For a small repair you definitely want the paste, not the regular gelcoat, color match notwithstanding.
They sell 2oz. kits with paste+ MEK.

--

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, $104 later I'm getting the Gel Coat. I specifically asked her if they have a smaller size she said nope. So a quart is on it's way. Fantastic. :mad:

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On phone with them now fixing it. They do have the 2 oz. size, thanks Swatski for the reminder/tip. Grrrr. Bad sales rep, bad! >'swats her nose

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rsg1963, my recommendation is that you select the Space Blue patch color. If you get enough scratches and nicks, your boat will eventually look really nice. :winkingthumbsup"

Cassidy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone know the blue color for the 2013 sx240 HO boat? I have not been able to locate the color code or name of the color. Thanks

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length