• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking to identify what this is.

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Hey fella’s, while under my helm today checking out the amp and wiring I noticed this little gadget here. It has 2 wires going into it (I’m assuming power and ground) but it twists open and shut like an air vent. I’m thinking maybe it’s my warning alarm but not sure why that would open and close.

Attachments

• EBFDAB17-A368-4E7D-9111-7D7CF96922BC.jpeg
    EBFDAB17-A368-4E7D-9111-7D7CF96922BC.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 85
  • 02C10841-10C8-4A7C-A31C-CEAFECB3CDA0.jpeg
    02C10841-10C8-4A7C-A31C-CEAFECB3CDA0.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 88
  • 8CE25BFF-3609-472C-BAC6-838CE183352E.jpeg
    8CE25BFF-3609-472C-BAC6-838CE183352E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
That's the humidity sensor for the automatic AC control.

Seriously though - that looks to be the buzzer. Prob open/close for volume adjustment.

Hey fella’s, while under my helm today checking out the amp and wiring I noticed this little gadget here. It has 2 wires going into it (I’m assuming power and ground) but it twists open and shut like an air vent. I’m thinking maybe it’s my warning alarm but not sure why that would open and close.
Previous answers are correct, it is the speaker for the alarm. I hated that thing, volume was just too high. I soundproofed it to quiet it down to a tolerable level.

connext beep

As mentioned, it's the buzzer for the Connext Alarm. The dial on top rotates to vary the sound level. I adjusted mine to what I liked and then used electrical tape to secure the top so the volume doesn't change, and to secure the buzzer in place with a ziptie. Previously my alarm volume would change as the buzzer moved up and down behind the steering cables causing the top to rotate.

I have a 2020 242 with transducer and joystick problems. The parts aren't available so I'm trying to silence the buzzer.
I can't seem to find it. Any help is appreciated.boat1.jpgboat2.jpg

I have a 2020 242 with transducer and joystick problems. The parts aren't available so I'm trying to silence the buzzer.
I can't seem to find it. Any help is appreciated.View attachment 184602View attachment 184603
It’s gotta be there somewhere. Set it off and stick your head in there.

Should look just like that round thing hanging down in the first posting of the thread.

Back