• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking to swap 21016 painted trailer for galvanized trailer

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2016 shorlander trailer for my Yamaha 242, which has been very reliable and regularly serviced. I’m gonna start putting the boat in salt water for occasional use since i only live 10 miles from the ocean in SoCal (our local marina in Dana point used to have a public boat hoist but they now closed it down permanently) Curious if anyone knows of any galvanized trailers they want to sell - or I’m just gonna have to be stuck just buying a new one for probably 5-6k. One trailer shop offered to galvanize the trailer for three grand - but at that point - i think getting a new one is better.

Or should I simply just use the Painter trailer for a year or 2 and to do my best to mitigate corrosion damage and then toss it away once the trailer is rusted out?

Any suggestions.

Last edited: