• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loose Cleat Help

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can you find the specifics on them? I assume there are different threads?
Julian,
I could not find the receipt with number, however I looked them up. I think they are:
7/8"-14,1 1/4" wrench, 15/32" thick, 94945A240 $4.21 at McMaster Carr. Mine are at the lake house.
I am 99% sure these are the size. I did put a dab of silicone on the threads after using these for no other reason than to keep them form falling off if the ever become loose. They have been on four of the cleats since 2010 and not even loosened up. Hope this helps.
Papa

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Adding to the data pile here... the port rear most cleat on my '08 212SS became loose also. Tightening it was not nearly as bad a job as I thought based on what I read here. The 1 and 1/4" deep well socket info is correct. Get into the port side battery compartment area (yes I also pulled the battery), and also you will have to remove a carpeted, forward facing panel towards the back of the storage area to see the cleat all the way in the back of the boat. The panel on my boat had three screws, then I was able to get it out.

Then crawl up in there and tighten it down. The threads are surprising coarse. I did use some thread lock, but be prepared to give it a heavier squirt than normal.

While I was at it, I tightened the middle and front cleats on the port side as well (they didn't feel loose externally, but they definitely had room to have the nuts tightened a fair among. I also did the front starboard cleat. I would have done the drivers seat and rear starboard, but I had other jobs to do for the day and didn't feel like figuring those two out. Only the rear port (of those that I did) required an extra effort besides finding them and tightening them...

So, like I said compared to replacing a rotor (which meant pulling bearings, and finding out there's a seal on the rear of the rotor that I had to get new for or re-use, but couldn't get out of the old rotor without damaging and therefore had to reassemble without repair being made and order more parts for next weekend...) this wasn't bad at all. And I thought between the two jobs the nasty one would be vice versa!