• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loose impeller shaft

sananvet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Update: finally got Namaka into the stealership Spoiler:warranty expired 6 months ago. I told the service dept what I suspected- pump bearing failure, loose impeller shaft and housing contact with the impeller causing cavitation and excessive noise. They were skeptical- “all these engines rattle”. 2 weeks later finally got confirmation this was indeed exactly what happened. I did not purchase the extended warranty. I’ve been told this will be an out of pocket repair. My beef is that the port engine has given me on again off again trouble from very early on. In fact I posted here in this forum in April about issues with cavitation, stalling, and failure to restart. What’s more, these engines have barely 20 hours on them. Legally speaking I have little leg to stand on, it’s just shitty that Yamaha won’t back up what is clearly a failure in assembly and/or materials.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry, for the bad news.
If you were closer I would give you a hand but its very doable DIY.

Hardest part will be getting to intermediate bearing since engine has to be moved. Otherwise its straight forward for the pump bearings.

sananvet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry, for the bad news.
If you were closer I would give you a hand but its very doable DIY.

Hardest part will be getting to intermediate bearing since engine has to be moved. Otherwise its straight forward for the pump bearings.
I could definitely handle removing the impeller it’s moving the engine that kinda freaks me out lol

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's how I rig to put engine back in.
All It needs to be pushed forward and rear lifted may get enough clearance but not the SM way.

Attachments