• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loose Trailer Tie Down's

Rudy09

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I struggled with the rear straps becoming loose on the ride home even when I had the bow tight on the roller. Since I read this thread, I hit the brakes after I pull out of the ramp ( flat surface) and it places the boat tight on the bow roller. I then hook up my rear straps and tighten them down and prep the boat to trailer it home. I have done this three trips now and no issues with the rear straps loosing up on the ride home. Plus side is the stern also sits about a half inch in front of the back edge of the bunks which I feels gives the stern added support for the ride home. Thanks for the advice .

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This weekend we tried the brake check method and I was surprised how much the boat moved forward. Retightened the winch and the tie downs never loosened up.