• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loved Driving My Wife's New Duramax So Much, That

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I decided to trade in my 2012 F-250 4x4 Crew Cab Diesel on another 2016 Chevrolet 2500 HD 4x4 Crew Cab Duramax Diesel, now we have twins!!

His:

Hers:

Needless to say my local Chevrolet Dealer likes us, actually I am good friends with the General Manager, so we get things way below invoice.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice. I like the white! Both are beautiful

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It felt weird buying two Duramax's being a Ford guy, but I have to say they ride nicer, have nicer interiors/features, and the Duramax/Allison combination is hard to beat. A good friend of mine has 320K problem free miles on his, just maintenance. That's our long term strategy with buying these trucks, keep them a long time, they hold their value well.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
NICE!!!!

Now you just need to do what my business partner did and lift it , bigger tires, fox 2.5 shock system. with the shocks system it rides like a caddillac. Oh yeah he went from a raptor to a diesel to pull his Ranger bass boat. IMG_4955.jpg

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
ugggggggggggg ya'lls are killing me.......I'm not thrilled over this Titan XD.....:(:(:(:(

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ugggggggggggg ya'lls are killing me.......I'm not thrilled over this Titan XD.....:(:(:(:(
the titan xd with the cummins? Is it not towing well?

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It definitely isn't selling well...

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You consider the '17 Superduty?? It's a new model year right?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
the titan xd with the cummins? Is it not towing well?
shifts and drives like a gas transmission....and fuel economies just aren't what my old Cummings were...... pulled the boat about 100 miles with it, otherwise haven't towed.....

Dont mean to hijack the thread, if anything....seek comfort in your new awesome truck and "right decision"

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welp I was thinking about one and was curious. My ecoboost twin turbo 3.5 tows pretty good but if I'm lucky I get 8 mpg on the highway at 65 to 70 mph. the lieometer says I get 14

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welp I was thinking about one and was curious. My ecoboost twin turbo 3.5 tows pretty good but if I'm lucky I get 8 mpg on the highway at 65 to 70 mph. the lieometer says I get 14
thats a big lie !

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
NICE!!!!

Now you just need to do what my business partner did and lift it , bigger tires, fox 2.5 shock system. with the shocks system it rides like a caddillac. Oh yeah he went from a raptor to a diesel to pull his Ranger bass boat. View attachment 43454
Sweet looking truck, when I was younger I was into lifting my trucks. We plan on keeping them stock, will probably put some Toyo Open Country At2's on it when the tires wear down. Here is a Facebook page with high mileage Duramax's, several over a million miles with the original engine & transmission.

https://www.facebook.com/highmilageduramaxdiesel/?fref=ts

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You consider the '17 Superduty?? It's a new model year right?
They did make changes in the 2017, it really came down to the Silverado 2500 HD's fully loaded are a much nicer overall truck with looks/interior and how it drives down the road, as said earlier the Duramax/Allison is a great combination.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They did make changes in the 2017, it really came down to the Silverado 2500 HD's fully loaded are a much nicer overall truck with looks/interior and how it drives down the road, as said earlier the Duramax/Allison is a great combination.
agreed. never understood why Ford wont make the 250's nicer on the inside to match what they are doing with the 150's. I guess they sell a lot more half ton trucks, so they concentrate on them.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wondered if anyone had a Titan XD, I took my wife's van to the Nissan place a month or so ago, I spent some time sitting and looking at an XD, they seem nice, I liked the seat....

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trai
It felt weird buying two Duramax's being a Ford guy, but I have to say they ride nicer, have nicer interiors/features, and the Duramax/Allison combination is hard to beat. A good friend of mine has 320K problem free miles on his, just maintenance. That's our long term strategy with buying these trucks, keep them a long time, they hold their value well.
You could have mentioned you were selling.....or did you trade it in? I'm about over the little car I've been driving....'cept when I need to get somewhere fast!

I have one eye out for a new truck - since I'll probably sell the toyhauler soon I won't need gobs of towing power ....we'll just see what happens in the near future...I have to get the hell out of California!

Best of luck with your new trucks! :winkingthumbsup"