• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loved Driving My Wife's New Duramax So Much, That

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO

Hers has nicer legs.....I mean rims!
Traitor is right We are Ford Trucks and Chevy Cars.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@MattFX4
My Lariat F-250 is loaded and very comfortable. It even blows cold air up your butt!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Trai

You could have mentioned you were selling.....or did you trade it in? I'm about over the little car I've been driving....'cept when I need to get somewhere fast!

I have one eye out for a new truck - since I'll probably sell the toyhauler soon I won't need gobs of towing power ....we'll just see what happens in the near future...I have to get the hell out of California!

Best of luck with your new trucks! :winkingthumbsup"
Traded it in, here in Arizona we only pay sales tax on the difference of what you get on trade vs. what you pay for the new truck, so it saved my over 4K in taxes trading my F-250. On my Wife's Silverado we traded in our Mustang GT & Explorer and paid no sales tax on her truck, so it worked out well not having to try to sell the vehicles we traded in.

Indeed you need to get the hell out of Kalifornistan, be glad to have another good guy here in Arizona!!! Let me know how your truck shopping goes, and have a lot of fun this weekend on the Damn Dam Run!!!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO

Hers has nicer legs.....I mean rims!
Traitor is right We are Ford Trucks and Chevy Cars.
I do like her legs...ummm rims better as well, but hers are 18's and I'm rolling on 20's LOL. I am a Ford Guy have been forever, have dabbled with Chevrolet's, and Toyota's here and there, but I am very impressed with these trucks - obviously I bought two in one week.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MattFX4
My Lariat F-250 is loaded and very comfortable. It even blows cold air up your butt!
Mine was a Lariat as well, blew cold air up my butt, and comfortable - go take a long test drive in a 2500 HD LTZ with the Duramax/Allison and I bet you will like it better.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
my ford does blow air up my butt too plus it rubs it ;)

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sweet looking truck, when I was younger I was into lifting my trucks. We plan on keeping them stock, will probably put some Toyo Open Country At2's on it when the tires wear down. Here is a Facebook page with high mileage Duramax's, several over a million miles with the original engine & transmission.

https://www.facebook.com/highmilageduramaxdiesel/?fref=ts

Yeah I have two of my work trucks that have that combo. They do well but when they are used in our format (small roll off trucks) and they need a rebuild after the rebuild I have had them back a couple times each to have the valve bodies replaced. Thats after 400k miles though, just did injectors too. So not bad at that mileage

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I have two of my work trucks that have that combo. They do well but when they are used in our format (small roll off trucks) and they need a rebuild after the rebuild I have had them back a couple times each to have the valve bodies replaced. Thats after 400k miles though, just did injectors too. So not bad at that mileage
I drive about 20,000 miles a year, so at 400,000 miles should be 20 years for me.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@MattFX4
No doubt they are nice trucks. Ha, my F150 has the heated and cooled seats also. The cold air is nice in the summer on a hot leather seat. It just seems like they put a little more in to the 150's. They also ride better due to independent suspension in the fronts. Take the 2015 F150 for example. It has full roof panoramic glass roof, led headlights, 360 camera, etc, and just feels more luxurious on the inside. Almost like a car. One thing that drives me nuts is a new $60,000 truck coming with boring halogen headlights. I'm sure the 2017 F250 redesign will put it more in line with the half tons. Anyways, with all that being said my dream truck is a loaded 2017 F250 powerstroke with 35's!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm over the Power Strokes....had way to many issues in the past. My last 2 F-250's have been gas and I have never had a single issue with them. I usually trade before I hit 100k miles. These Lariats ride like a Caddy!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm over the Power Strokes....had way to many issues in the past. My last 2 F-250's have been gas and I have never had a single issue with them. I usually trade before I hit 100k miles. These Lariats ride like a Caddy!
The new 6.7L's are good, the previous 6.0's and 6.4's had some issues, some people had no issues, some people had a lot of issues. I love towing with diesels and like driving them as well, they do everything effortless with all the power and torque. My F-250 was also a Lariat, I love fully loaded trucks - I do have to say my Silverado rides nicer and the interior is comfy and plush for a truck, so my friend go drive one with a duramax and let me know your thoughts?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No doubt they are nice trucks. Ha, my F150 has the heated and cooled seats also. The cold air is nice in the summer on a hot leather seat. It just seems like they put a little more in to the 150's. They also ride better due to independent suspension in the fronts. Take the 2015 F150 for example. It has full roof panoramic glass roof, led headlights, 360 camera, etc, and just feels more luxurious on the inside. Almost like a car. One thing that drives me nuts is a new $60,000 truck coming with boring halogen headlights. I'm sure the 2017 F250 redesign will put it more in line with the half tons. Anyways, with all that being said my dream truck is a loaded 2017 F250 powerstroke with 35's!
I will say my 360 camera is nice when pulling into parking spots. So I am not they yahoo that has half of his truck sticking out in the drive. The massage seats are awesome. Like the OP if I was going to buy a diesel it was going to be a gm for the nicer interior features and ride. I drove them all and thought ride wise the 1500 /2500 rode the best. I ended up with my f150 King ranch because of the super nice interior features and my driving habits. In October it will be a year and I will have put close to 50k on my new truck. Its whatever fits that person best is whats best for them. Oh and 0 percent for 72 mths but I get a new truck every 2 years because of mileage

Last edited:

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will say my 360 camera is nice when pulling into parking spots. So I am not they yahoo that has half of his truck sticking out in the drive. The massage seats are awesome. Like the OP if I was going to buy a diesel it was going to be a gm for the nicer interior features and ride. I drove them all and thought ride wise the 1500 /2500 rode the best. I ended up with my f150 King ranch because of the super nice interior features and my driving habits. In October it will be a year and I will have put close to 50k on my new truck. Its whatever fits that person best is whats best for them. Oh and 0 percent for 72 mths but I get a new truck every 2 years because of mileage
Damn son, that's a lot of driving in a year!!!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice, I love the new '15 and up F150 body style. I have a 2013 that I bought new, but it only has 32,000 miles on it so I will be driving it for a while! The 2017 F150 will have the 2nd Gen Ecoboost partnered with a 10 speed transmission. That should be interesting. There is also rumors Ford will offer a diesel option in the F150 at some point.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
lol there is no shortage of ford/Chevy memes out there! All I will say is there is a reason the F series has been the best selling vehicle in the US since 1981! I've owned several Z71's from years 1991-2003. My current 2013 F150 is the first ford I've owned, and love it. The new gm's are nice though.