• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing: Diesel vs. Gas

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've tried to convince myself to purchase a F250 using this argument, but let's be honest. We are guys and we like new shiny toys. Who keeps a vehicle long enough to put 400k miles on it? Heck, I'm 3 years in on a 2013 F150 with 38,000 miles that I bought new, and I got the new truck bug bad!
I am the same way, we trade vehicles often, but unless they come out with a really shiny object that grabs my attention we plan on keeping our two Duramax's quite awhile - and the new Corvette Z06 :winkingthumbsup"

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am the same way, we trade vehicles often, but unless they come out with a really shiny object that grabs my attention we plan on keeping our two Duramax's quite awhile - and the new Corvette Z06 :winkingthumbsup"
I plan on keeping my EcoDiesel till the wheels fall off, or until I get a nice 28' Tidewater or Regulator and need the bigger truck. I love my diesel even if it is a baby diesel.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm patiently waiting for the diesel version of the F150. Apparently the 2018 model is supposed to get a diesel option. Maybe 2019 will be the year I trade my '13.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As I think I wrote on another thread... The day a Hellcat Ram 1500 or 2500 crew cab in a street queen trim goes up for sale is the same day I will be parted with a large sum of money. 707 hp and 650 lbs of torque should get most hauling jobs done while toasting the compact car in the lane next to you at the same time. Of course this will reduce gas milage across the board as most won't be able to resist playing but if you buy one if these you probably care less about MPG more about BPM.

Mopar/RAM please do this ASAP.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As I think I wrote on another thread... The day a Hellcat Ram 1500 or 2500 crew cab in a street queen trim goes up for sale is the same day I will be parted with a large sum of money. 707 hp and 650 lbs of torque should get most hauling jobs done while toasting the compact car in the lane next to you at the same time. Of course this will reduce gas milage across the board as most won't be able to resist playing but if you buy one if these you probably care less about MPG more about BPM.

Mopar/RAM please do this ASAP.
I love playing with Hellcats with my Z06, they have more HP, but are heavy cars which slows them down.......Here Kitty Kitty LOL.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I love playing with Hellcats with my Z06, they have more HP, but are heavy cars which slows them down.......Here Kitty Kitty LOL.
Cute. LOL. If Chevy beats Dodge to the overpowered gasser truck first then I will buy the Chevy. Now that I have owned everything from sports cars to trucks and everything in between I can't see myself owning anything but a full size truck or a sports car. Either way more than enough power is not just good enough ... it is required. I am not a speed demon on public roads but I do like getting up to speed as quickly as possible. Perhaps there is a Tesla in my future as long as the sound system can crank out the full sound of a performance V8.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cute. LOL. If Chevy beats Dodge to the overpowered gasser truck first then I will buy the Chevy. Now that I have owned everything from sports cars to trucks and everything in between I can't see myself owning anything but a full size truck or a sports car. Either way more than enough power is not just good enough ... it is required. I am not a speed demon on public roads but I do like getting up to speed as quickly as possible. Perhaps there is a Tesla in my future as long as the sound system can crank out the full sound of a performance V8.

Here you go. Throw a tune on it and will be over 600 lbs of torque easily.

raptor.jpg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
All this truck talk has me drooling... (almost as much as the boat talk)

Anyone have any experience with these guys
http://www.trucksintexas.com/

They've got some good looking trucks, and the prices seem reasonable to me.