• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Two Tow Rigs - Call me Crazy!!!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My Wife and I were discussing how gasoline engine vehicles do not hold their value compared to Diesel Trucks. So we are in the beginning phases of possibly trading in our 2016 Ford Explorer & 2015 Mustang GT in on either a 2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Crew Cab, 4x4, Lariat, Diesel or a 2016 Chevy 2500 HD, Crew Cab, Z71 4x4, Diesel. Test drove the Chevy yesterday, it was nice and fully loaded, we already know the F-250 as we have one - so I think it will come down to who gives us the best price and trade allowance.

So, shortly we may have two big ole diesel two rigs/daily drivers, cool thing about that is my Wife can tow the boat, I can tow our 30Ft travel trailer and we can go camp near a lake instead of staying in hotels!!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well we bought a New Silverado 2500 HD with the Duramax Diesel/Allison Transmission fully loaded, my Wife loves it and I like having two awesome trucks!!!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A House Divided!
Congrats!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Beautiful! When I go for my 3/4 ton likely later this year, I'll likely be basing my decision solely on the best deal available as well. I do love my ED, but when it comes to trucks I have no brand loyalty at all. Anything in particular push you towards the Chevy over the Ford?

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Beautiful! When I go for my 3/4 ton likely later this year, I'll likely be basing my decision solely on the best deal available as well. I do love my ED, but when it comes to trucks I have no brand loyalty at all. Anything in particular push you towards the Chevy over the Ford?
The Chevy & Ford had the same list price of $ 63,300.00, both equipped very well - for my Wife she felt the Silverado was easier to drive and felt smaller than the F-250, the Chevy interior is a lot nicer than the F-250, so that clinched it. You cannot go wrong with either of them, the Duramax/Allison is a great engine/trans and so is the 6.7L Scorpion Diesel/Torqueshift Trans on the Ford. I am not a Dodge fan at all, had a few very bad experiences with them, the only good thing about them is the Cummins IMO.