• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Low Water Woes (pics of low water levels on your waterways)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After near record low snow levels last winter and a drought in New England this past summer, I have not seen the lake this low in 50 years. Barely made it thru on paddle board. Unless we trailer we have been stuck in the Inland Sea and not able to access the broad lake and Burlington area unless we travel north around the islands an hour out of our way. People actually metal detecting on dry lake bottom. The bridge is on U.S. Rt. 2 on town lines of Milton and S. Hero.DSC00047.JPG 0927161454a.jpg

Last edited:

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I feel your pain. I wet slip our boat and had to put a mooring 30' from the end of my dock and tie the back close to the dock's end. Even then, my wife had to be in the bow so we didn't hit bottom before we left the mooring. Crazy low!

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm maybe about 200 miles to your west, we're also having the worse drought on record this summer (and the hottest).

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
That looks like a puddle....not a lake!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Zarrella The puddle is supposed to be 120 miles long from Canada south to the Champlain Canal then to the Hudson River to NYC. The lake is within a foot of the record low set in 1908. Champlain has quite a history of early French and Indian, Revolutionary and War of 1812 naval battles. The State should dredge a channel, but too many environmentalists here, only needs a couple hundred feet. The broad lake is deeper and at its deepest 400ft. I am in the Inland Sea area which is 100ft. deep just a few hundred feet behind my boat. The area of no water is known as the Sand Bar and usually has 2-3ft. of water over it. Never have seen it without water. I look on the bright side, at least I did not foul a prop.;)

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The problem still exists 5 years later, just a little earlier in the season now. If we need to get to the "Inland Sea", we trailer there. This happened during a bass fishing tournament yesterday.

20210702_151125.jpg