• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ls2000 engine not running at full capacity

engine runs slower in water than out of water

• frostappraisal@gmail.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • frostappraisal@gmail.com

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Juan Mejia

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length

jjtherocketman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Thanks again for your suggestions. I did swap the CDI from the good engine with the one from the bad engine but it did not make any difference. I have spark to all six spark plugs so I did not think it would be the wires. But if you suggest it, I may go ahead and swap out or buy new ones. Is there another way to test? I can check the carbs again. I am just getting tired of all work and no play with this boat since it has not been working well for the last few month.
This is an old thread, but if you happen to come back here at some point, can you (or anyone else) describe the process of removing and replacing the CDI? I opened that box up today and can't see a thing down there behind the motor. I thought I was going to find the CDI box right there on top, but only found a lotta wiring and connectors laying on top of a rubber "boot" of some sort that I assume is covering the CDI? Any and all info anyone can provide on the process of removing and replacing the CDI would REALLY be appreciated!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree, it is a cob web of wires once you pull the cover off. I never replaced the CDI which is that whole unit based on my understanding. I did want to replace my spark plug wires with new ones but once I opened that up, I decided to leave well enough alone. Seal it up good if you opened it up. There are places that sell new units. Try jetskisolutions.com