• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ls2000 steering helm

alfredo03261985

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
HELP!!

has anyone replaced their steering helm? does any one know which aftermarket model fits? the oem is on backorder.
Anyone knows if the steering is 135 or 270 degree?

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was able to cross reference the Yamaha Part to Seastar (IIRC) who made them originally

alfredo03261985

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I was able to cross reference the Yamaha Part to Seastar (IIRC) who made them originally

Do you remember the Part number by chance? I see 2 options for seastar, one is for 135deg the other for 270deg, since my helm completely broken I cant calculate the degress.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

SeaStar Solutions SH5088P Jet Boat Steering Helm 270 Degree Teleflex
is the one I got because it had the twin cable setup and bushings with it.. and it cross referenced to the Yamaha part.

for $149 it seemed like good insurance... I have NOT tried it yet as my original has not yet failed but the gears are really sloppy. I did make new stainless bushings for the nozzles and for the dual cable bar so they are not sloppy...

alfredo03261985

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length

SeaStar Solutions SH5088P Jet Boat Steering Helm 270 Degree Teleflex
is the one I got because it had the twin cable setup and bushings with it.. and it cross referenced to the Yamaha part.

for $149 it seemed like good insurance... I have NOT tried it yet as my original has not yet failed but the gears are really sloppy. I did make new stainless bushings for the nozzles and for the dual cable bar so they are not sloppy...

Thanks!!🤙🏻🤙🏻🤙🏻

I will order it asap. Once I install it I'll update the post.

Scherdiva

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
How do you know if this needs replaced?

alfredo03261985

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Too much freeplay, big difference after installing the new one.

Ninedollars

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you think the steering is similar to the sx240? I have slop in mine too. Was the 270 degree a direct replacement for you?