• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Bargains Magma Cabo on sale for $130 December 16th Only, possibly including a free refillable propane tank

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@2nazt, posted this in the bargains thread but I thought it deserved a little more attention.

West Marine is offering this sale on December 16th for one day only and from past experience I would say only until they run out. So if you are interested I suggest getting your order in early, perhaps just after midnight.

I purchased a Magma Cabo in a sale for around $150 in 2013. It has been to Bimini three times and gets used at least once a week all summer long. The stainless steel will become less shiny after a few uses but still functions like new. It is not a high end Magma but in my opinion is the best marine grill in the price range. The one possible exception is the $112 Kuuma 125 which is roughly 75% of the size.

I do not know if it will remain on the sale date but currently West Marine is offering "Purchase a Magma Grill and we will add a FLAME KING 1lb. Refillable Propane Cylinder & Refill Kit for FREE ($49.99 Value) Offer good through 12/24/2016". I may order one just to get the refillable cylinder.

Here is the link to the Cabo at West Marine http://www.westmarine.com/buy/magma--cabo-gas-grill--10977742?cm_mmc=EM-_-Promo-_-N/A-_-N/A

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski, I know you enjoy your raw seafood but did you notice this?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Don't forget a T10-037 mount to go with it unless you do a clamp or a table leg or rod holder mount. There are a lot of options to mount it.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
boat12.JPG

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Robert's is shiny and new. This is more realistic (better seasoned).

IMG_0142.JPG

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Where / how do you store these while on the move? Is it a hassle to clean on the water before storing in a container before getting under way? Or, are they secure enough to leave deployed full time? Seems like a great idea. - tks

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Usually once you eat and hangout it is cool enough to store. The grease really depends on food you cook. A tote would be ideal for greasy foods like burgers. Some also precook larger items and finish on the water. I know they have carry bags but I can not comment on those. I will go the tote route till I see what others chime in.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where / how do you store these while on the move? Is it a hassle to clean on the water before storing in a container before getting under way? Or, are they secure enough to leave deployed full time? Seems like a great idea. - tks
Ours is stored in a cushioned Magna bag along with grill tools, grill brush, spices, a lighter, matches, a cutting board, filet knife and two 1lb bottles of propane. We store the bag in the head compartment. The bag is sufficiently tough that the grill can go back into it while still warm.

You can simply pick the grates up and wash the off in the lake. The burner guard / flavorizer bar can be removed with one pin to clean. The entire grill is stainless so you can wash it out in the lake if you want. It is somuch easier to clean than our Coleman portable grill.

Most of the time I store the grill in the bag after cooking and use it a few times between cleaning. If I grill something greasy like burgers or lamb then I clean it before storing.

I have moved the boat with a hot grill still mounted. Some of the more expensive models are designed to remain mounted. This one is intended to be stowed.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It has a drip tray on the bottom that very rarely catches anything.

I do not precook foods. We fully cook them on the Magma. When we go to Bimini we use it on the condo balcony most nights as well as on the boat.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check this post above @MattFX4

@robert843 do you recall what product number you used?
I used the rod holder level lock mount T10-355. I figured this could be transferred to another boat with rod holders easily.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
thanks

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for posting! Ordered mine this morning online and came with refillable propane cylinder kit for free! I'd like to use the transom mount with table leg. Whats the best mount option for that?

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for posting! Ordered mine this morning online and came with refillable propane cylinder kit for free! I'd like to use the transom mount with table leg. What the best mount option for that?
@robert843 used "the rod holder level lock mount T10-355" as seen in his photo in an earlier post. I believe that is what you would want. @MrMoose, can you confirm?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks guys, ordered grill just a few minutes ago. Came with the refillable propane kit for free also. Going to order mount and bag from somewhere else. I have seen them cheaper on other sites.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@robert843 used "the rod holder level lock mount T10-355" as seen in his photo in an earlier post. I believe that is what you would want. @MrMoose, can you confirm?
If the T10-355 fits the table leg without much play that would work.

https://www.amazon.com/Magma-T10-355-Fishing-Adjustable-LeveLock/dp/B0018Y4T2W/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1481898864&sr=1-1&keywords=magma+grill+mounts

The other one I was looking at was the PowrGrip which has an adjustable base.

https://www.amazon.com/Magma-PowrGrip-LeveLock-All-Angle-Adjustable/dp/B0018Y4T40/ref=sr_1_17?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1481898864&sr=1-17&keywords=magma+grill+mounts

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
e T10-355 fits the table leg without much play that would work.
Hopefully @robert843 will comment on the fit.

I really like having my grill at the bow. I grilled at the stern for a year or so and always found that as soon as I started grilling everyone would have to get something from the boat. It is much easier to have the grill out of the way at the bow.