• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Magma Chefsmate A10-803

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I finally made a decision and pulled the trigger on our grill. This is an addition to our cooking equipment mostly for the motorhome, but I am sure we will use this machine on the boat at some point.

I took great interest in all of your threads on grills. I read about the many varieties you guys use. I really like Weber products and looked strong at the Weber Q series. Two things kept me from going that way. Weight, and not being able to use it with a low pressure hookup without performing major surgery to the grill regulator.

I also liked a few of the lesser expensive grills out there for the idea that I could replace them in a few years and not have spent what it takes to get a magma. But in the end, you pay for what you get. I found several grills in this category that just didn't make the cut here, because they would have made the "cut" either on me , the grill table, the boat, or the coach...by that I mean sharp edges and just not the quality needed to be a portable as we will use it.

So we settled on the Magma Cabo like @Bruce and others have chosen...until now. But the cheaper handle and narrowness of it bothered me in relation to using the lock mechanism, but my cheapness wouldn't let me spring an additional $70 for the next model up, the Chefsmate, with a full length SS handle as well as a draining drip tray instead of the flat bottom design of the Cabo. So I was thrilled to find the Chefsmate at almost the same price. None of these things may be an issue, but since I have to carry the grill sideways, it will have to be clean after each time I use it, so draining well is important. But as luck would have it, and comparing apples to apples, I found all the accessory parts I wanted from various places on the web. And the cost of shipping from 5 different places was going to eat my lunch! I happened to see that Wholesalemarine.com has flat rate shipping of only $6.99 no matter how big the order! So I called them directly to see if I could get any deal on the grill over their online price of $220.49, since West Marine and another online seller have it on sale through 21JUN15 at $199. I was elated to find out that the online price was wrong, and that they had it in their catalog at $182.98!!! That brings it to the same price as West Marine. But the good news is that I saved over $50 in pricing of all the items I bought with it, the storage bag, attachment table, tools, low pressure regulator, griddle, veggie/fish griddle, and a handle light. The total is UGLY, but including the savings on shipping and tax along with the $50 in pricing savings, I saved over $100 on this great addition to our grilling capability!

I wanted to let you guys know, and will add this to the "what a bargain" threads, that you can order multiple items from WholesaleMarine and only pay $6.99 in shipping, no matter the size/weight/or numbers of items ordered!
616-dWwBTDL._SL1000_.jpg

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
i got the trail mate for our setup and love it. I also purchased from Wholesale Marine
I picked up the bracket from @JetBoatPilot ... he was the cheapest on the web that i saw for the bracket i needed
Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 7.54.20 PM.png

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
here is a picture of the info from his web page. This picture looks nothing like the bracket though
basically the bracket is like a white cutting board screwed to the base with another piece screw to that.
That second piece is what goes around the pedestal allowing the grill to move in a circular motion. It can get tight though if you need it to be by pressing down and compressing the pedestal in the bracket.
I'll try to take a picture of the bracket sometime today
Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 8.00.59 AM.png