• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Magma grill questions

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey Borg mind hive, those of you who have the magma grill, where did you get it? And the stanchions? Any recommendations on things you would do differently or otherwise?

How many parts are needed for the grill?
Grill
Adapter - It looks like this is not included with the grill
Stanchion - used for the table/umbrella/grill?

Yes.
Grill, Adapter and Stanchion.

I have 4 different stanchions.
1) Stock Table Leg
2) Grill Stanchion
3) Small umbrella/flag
4) Large Umbrella

Whats nice if you get the seperate grill stanchion you can use the grill off the back and also use the table in the cockpit at the same time.

@tabbibus, I have the same boat. I bought the Newport 2 grill on amazon (but it was $402 back then), the Magma T10-375 Rod Holder mount from ebay, the bag and serving tray from anchor express and the grill stanchion from @HailMary. The grill, tray and propane fit in the bag under the port bow seat and I keep the stanchions in the rear port seat. As @HangOutdoors said it is very nice to be able to use the grill on the transom and the factory table set up in the cockpit. We enjoyed again yesterday.

@tabbibus, I have the same boat. I bought the Newport 2 grill on amazon (but it was $402 back then), the Magma T10-375 Rod Holder mount from ebay, the bag and serving tray from anchor express and the grill stanchion from @HailMary. The grill, tray and propane fit in the bag under the port bow seat and I keep the stanchions in the rear port seat. As @HangOutdoors said it is very nice to be able to use the grill on the transom and the factory table set up in the cockpit. We enjoyed again yesterday.
Yeesh. Yeah I'll probably get the cheaper Chefsmate version. Lol

I am thinking there will be some end of season sales on the Magma Grill. West Marine does it usually every year. Just a thought.

I've been seriously considering this setup. Wife greenlit the "grill on the boat" plan a few days ago, and I'm starting to collect my thoughts about it again.

Only thing I don't like there is that it's bolted to the stanchion. I want to be able to remove the Blackstone and just have it "sit" on a table. Then have the table and stanchion be removeable. Slightly less expensive than a Magma grill setup, and you can use the Blackstone at camp or home when not boating. I also think I want the two burner setup instead of the single. Have to see a couple in person before I decide though.

Unsure if I'm going to get one from @HailMary or try and fab my own setup. Would really like mine to be a little more collapsible, and a made from aluminum instead of stainless. We'll see what I come up with, but it's a winter project that I'm going to try hard to get done this year.

Thanks for reminding me about that one. I'm a huge Blackstone fan. Use it a lot at home. Hmnnnnnnnn. Decisions.
I've been seriously considering this setup. Wife greenlit the "grill on the boat" plan a few days ago, and I'm starting to collect my thoughts about it again.

Only thing I don't like there is that it's bolted to the stanchion. I want to be able to remove the Blackstone and just have it "sit" on a table. Then have the table and stanchion be removeable. Slightly less expensive than a Magma grill setup, and you can use the Blackstone at camp or home when not boating. I also think I want the two burner setup instead of the single. Have to see a couple in person before I decide though.

Unsure if I'm going to get one from @HailMary or try and fab my own setup. Would really like mine to be a little more collapsible, and a made from aluminum instead of stainless. We'll see what I come up with, but it's a winter project that I'm going to try hard to get done this year.

Thanks for reminding me about that one. I'm a huge Blackstone fan. Use it a lot at home. Hmnnnnnnnn. Decisions.
Just looking through his site again. Looks like the mount for the blackstone just sits inside the stanchion and they are, in fact, two separate pieces. $238 for a mount and $78 for the bracket feels like a bit much on initial inspection, but honestly, I'm not certain I can make it any faster any cheaper even with a metal fab shop in the building.

Just looking through his site again. Looks like the mount for the blackstone just sits inside the stanchion and they are, in fact, two separate pieces. $238 for a mount and $78 for the bracket feels like a bit much on initial inspection, but honestly, I'm not certain I can make it any faster any cheaper even with a metal fab shop in the building.

I've lowered my prices somewhat - the stanchions now include the mount of your choice for $249.

John

Hey Borg mind hive, those of you who have the magma grill, where did you get it? And the stanchions? Any recommendations on things you would do differently or otherwise?
I sell Magma and Kuuma grills, as well as fabricate stanchions for the grills. JEWLSCustoms.com

John

Back