• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Magma Cabo grill question

The pvc pipe had a little play in it when slid into the table leg. I just wrapped some gorilla tape on the top and bottom and it snuged it up.

Good idea. Any thoughts on pinning the table leg to the pvc pipe, drilling the table leg and the pvc and installing a pin, so the grill will not spin around. I did that on my 07 when I used 2" ss tubing for a leg slipped fit in the short table leg. Wave action would cause the grille locked to the ss tubing to spin around in the table leg. My avatar shows the grill without the pin.

@Ronnie Thanks for the help with the magma grill selection! I recently got to try my Chefs Mate (same as Cabo but with a stainless handle?) out on my recent trip to Lake Mohave and the other day at my local lake. I’ve been using the level lock mount and it is solid and convenient.

413CD2C4-388C-4F51-ABD6-B3DE162D20A8.jpeg

75A90981-B483-4F10-AC9B-EAAA7F2C01C2.jpeg

I made a bit of a removable thing for the level lock as the grill will not fit in the carrying bag with it on. I got some longer carriage bolts, secured them with star washers on top of flat washers, then I use the extra length of the longer bolt to mount the level lock mount with just nuts and flat washers. It only takes a couple of mins to either mount or take off the level lock. I put a couple of rags in the bottom of the carrying bag to keep those bolts from damaging the bag. Everything fits in the carrying bag, the level lock, extendable bbq tools etc…

246F8DC4-343B-4815-9F0A-C2CE7497B5A2.jpeg

24AB5E59-1190-4574-86D0-404806358570.jpeg

@Ronnie Thanks for the help with the magma grill selection! I recently got to try my Chefs Mate (same as Cabo but with a stainless handle?) out on my recent trip to Lake Mohave and the other day at my local lake. I’ve been using the level lock mount and it is solid and convenient.

View attachment 217754

View attachment 217753

I made a bit of a removable thing for the level lock as the grill will not fit in the carrying bag with it on. I got some longer carriage bolts, secured them with star washers on top of flat washers, then I use the extra length of the longer bolt to mount the level lock mount with just nuts and flat washers. It only takes a couple of mins to either mount or take off the level lock. I put a couple of rags in the bottom of the carrying bag to keep those bolts from damaging the bag. Everything fits in the carrying bag, the level lock, extendable bbq tools etc…

View attachment 217755

View attachment 217756
Looks great and sounds like everything is working as expected. Thanks for the shout out but I just passed on information from many experimented before me. One thing I may not have mentioned earlier, I started lining the bottom of the grill with foil so that I can just throw that away and replace after each use instead of pulling and cleaning the grease trap.

Back