• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maiden Voyage

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks txav8r - I love the boat otherwise but am not sure if captains seat issue is too much or not. Is there an option to move the seat back another inch or two and eliminate ability to swivel 180? For me I don't care about ability to swivel 180...would much rather eliminate PIC and be more comfortable standing....thanks for prompt reply and any other thoughts anyone.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well @Clint , moving it would cause a couple of unwanted/unexpected consequences. The carpet wouldn't align around the post, and I am not certain of the structural support for the post of moved. I think it could be done. Also, one of the dealers has made a mod to cover the exposed metal so that it doesn't run the calves as bad.

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Clint, did you adjust the seat all the way back? I find there is plenty of room to stand when the seat is slid all the way back and the bolster is up. I will get some better pictures of what my dealer did to fix the PIC issue and try and figure out exactly what they did.

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Morrow - seat was all the way back. Would appreciate additional pics if you can - thanks. And any other info (from dealer) would be great. Thanks for taking time to reply.

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Morgro269 - stupid spell check

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Regarding "all the way back"... not sure about the big brothers but on the 2013 sx190 I put seat all the back and didn'the realize it was rubbing against the aft seat base... with motion over time ... u guessed it ... the seat has a tear in it. So... seat lives in the lock positions ONLY from now on.

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks beachbum, I ran out and checked mine and it does not rub. If i recline the seat back too far, it will rub.

Here are some more pictures of what the dealer has done to the captains chair. I'm not real sure what was removed or how everything is held together. I did not see it much before the change was made. They showed me the seat, let me feel the issue the first time I saw a 242 last year and said that they figured out a way to fix it. I think it gains and inch or two of clearance from the stock configuration. 20150526_074137.jpg 20150526_074150.jpg 20150526_074219.jpg 20150526_074231.jpg 20150526_074137.jpg 20150526_074150.jpg 20150526_074219.jpg 20150526_074231.jpg 20150526_074245.jpg Maybe give G&R a call?

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Almost forgot... here's a little issue I found. I actually noticed this when the boat was delivered. The more I look at it, the more I think the entire anchor door should be replaced under warranty. There is a crack in the fiberglass. If you open the door and llok at the back side of the front of the door, there is a crack that wraps around the bump at the front of the door. The edge of the door has holes (looks like there were air pockets in the fiberglass) and crack that goes onto the finished side. Looking at the outside of the door- on the what should be smooth, pretty finish, it's not. There are a lot of imperfections and bumps in it (they do not come out in a picture).20150526_082748.jpg 20150526_082822.jpg

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Almost forgot... here's a little issue I found. I actually noticed this when the boat was delivered. The more I look at it, the more I think the entire anchor door should be replaced under warranty. There is a crack in the fiberglass. If you open the door and llok at the back side of the front of the door, there is a crack that wraps around the bump at the front of the door. The edge of the door has holes (looks like there were air pockets in the fiberglass) and crack that goes onto the finished side. Looking at the outside of the door- on the what should be smooth, pretty finish, it's not. There are a lot of imperfections and bumps in it (they do not come out in a picture).View attachment 22445 View attachment 22446
You are correct. That's a lousy lay-up and you can clearly see a bad attempt to repair it. They should replace that part. Tell them I said so. :cool:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Clint , if you use the @ symbol in front of anyone's name, after you have typed the first three letters in the name following that symbol, it will fill in the rest and for similar names, it will give you a selection choice! No more spellcheck issues, at least with screen names! Don't giu just love the modern and useful features of this forum!

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @txav8r (used it!). Hey guys - my dealer has a fix so I am just working on a deal now...hopefully soon I'll have some news to share! BTW - I like the black boat...just a bit worried about gel coat wearing if I beach occasionally...any thoughts here?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Clint I've beached mine a few times already back end first and so far there isn't a mark on it. Last time it was windy and wavy and I was afraid for the gel coat and the rudder because of all the bumping but no issues at all. If you beach bow in you can add a Keel Guard that will protect the front end of the keel. had one on my last boat and worked great. As for the seat, I guess that's why I don't have any seat issues as I bought my boat from G&R also and my seat looks like @morgro269 seat and doesn't bother me at all. So Morgro when we meeting up? I'm planning to be at brunelle's this Saturday.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Guys, it is a general consensus that we keep the stern off the beach and out of the sand. Because ingesting any sand in the fresh water intake gets trapped in the passages of the engine and can cause overheating. Also, the sand will sand blast your impellers and any change in clearance or shape affects performance in a jetboat. Also, many will anchor the bow deep and set an anchor out there, ren tie the stern at the beach with a shore anchor or spike. If you beach, get a keel guard and beach bow in only. Our hulls are very light weight and considered high tech. They can be chipped or gouged pretty easy. It really shows too on a black boat.

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys for the input. @txav8r (great trick) - do you use a keel guard? Affect perf at all? Notice it much on a black boat you think?

Also - what type of fenders are best to prevent rubbing the hull and making scratches as it is tied to a dock in some waves? I've seen rectangular ones that look interesting but I only have the cylinders now. Thanks.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Clint , some guys like the flat side fenders but I think most prefer the round fenders. They give more, are inflatable to adjust when needed, and roll when the boat bonded them against the dock pulling in/out.

No, I don't have a keel guard but many do. My philosophy is to NEVER let my boat bottom rub the bottom. So I anchor stern to the beach with a foot of water under the lowest point, the articulating keel in your situation. Set my bow anchor firm out front with plenty of scope, and use a shore spike. I use the "small" box anchor and large shore spike, both made by Slide Anchor.

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@subysti I am trying my best to get out on Saturday (probably out of Brunelles as well). Unfortunately we have kids birthday parties to attend first...

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Beautiful boat and that system looks great! OP - how is the engine noise level at cruising speeds? Easy to hold a conversation with passengers without having to shout? Do you hear more wind & water sounds than engine sounds?

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Engine is very quiet. Not any more noisy than any other boat. I have a friend with a 2013 212x and the difference is amazing! Yamaha did a great job with the sound issues.

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Okay guys - need your help. Am buying a 2015 Yamaha 242 limited s today and need to decide between black and grey. I like black a bit better I think but also think grey might be easier to maintain and show less scratches etc....anyone with any thoughts to help me confirm either direction? Thanks!