• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mantus anchor in storage locker 07 sx230?

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone have any luck fitting an 8lb or 13lb Mantus anchor in their anchor locker?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes. 8lbs will fit in the front. If you make some wedges it will even hang on top.

13 will fit under the cushion, but I could not figure out how to fit it in the front locker without cutting a LOT, so I gave up.

The 8lbs is surprisingly effective on all surface, except a muddy bottom, where it may fall upside down, and not grab on first try. Once it falls correctly it will hold great.

It held my boat in place when dealing with some tanker swells that broke and were pretty big. Water in bow and all. That was the holding power I was looking for, and we got to test it two weekends ago. And the i pound held. I bought the 13 for when it looked gnarly but the 8 had held so well we haven't used it yet as a main anchor.

No wedges yet on the photo below, but with some thin wood I made 2 with a notch on them so the anchor can be placed in there as the picture shows. I added a sort of foam pillow above to keep it wedged in place

Attachments

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome! Thanks for the reply you have just talked me into ordering an 8 lbs Mantus.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 13 would seem to fit if oriented the other way,(and some cuts were made) but then the shank did not seem to fit, so I gave up trying to put it in front. I use a 6ft stainless steel chain with it. The galvanized chain is fine too, but the stainless chain feels and looks like jewelry, so I splurged.

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a kinda scary experience yesterday when my stock anchor didnt hold and I had an adult out in the water with a bunch of kids but the adult didnt have a life jacket on and the wind was pushing the boat away faster then she could make it back. I got the a throwable to her but it kinda freaked me out enough to get a better anchor I have had alot of issues with the stock not setting and just dragging.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Once on the ground with the right orientation, the mantus holds very very well. On my mud situation, once it holds it does not move at all. (At least, so far)

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since I got one of these...I rarely have any issue with my anchor slipping!g-p-618b_lg__82089.1558142063.jpg

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We store our 13 pound anchor under the seat. Works fine for us.