• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Marine Forecast for Hurricane Matthew

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like Hurricane Matthew passed just East of Bimini. This is unlikely to be good for the 2017 trip. If that 11' storm surge is more than media hype I see the docks floating above the marina and the lower levels of the condos flooded.

View attachment 47245
That's media hype/dumb guess. They have never predicted accurate surge heights.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Below is a quote from Staniels Cay Yacht club about 12 hours ago. and also a pic a few hours before the storm hit looks like they cleared everyone out as there are no boats at the docks and those things stayed packed while we were there every day we had to go into the bar and find out who was parked in our slips.

"UPDATE: Everyone is safe but storm still in effect. It's still very windy and tide is rising (high tide around noon). Minimal damage so far to dock. There will be superficial damage but a bit too early to tell on any structural damage."

staniel cay.png

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I saw a report from one of the tour operators that the pigs were accounted for and fed this afternoon.
Who were they fed to??

LBFloats

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can't be that serious of a storm, I don't see Jim Cantore there. :drowning: Stay safe!
IMG_9601.JPG
POOR ORLANDO... haven't they been through enough already?! ...oh yeah, Hurricane Matthew is heading their way too... :(

Last edited:

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hoping the house stands strong. We're the middle pin beachside. The eye is just offshore of us now. We're safe in PA so that's good, no worries. Stay Safe!!!!

IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's media hype/dumb guess. They have never predicted accurate surge heights.
Bimini Undersea reported

We are happy to announce that EVERYONE FROM OUR STAFF IS SAFE, there was no damage to our shop / equipment / boats, from the storm.
We should be up and running again shortly, and our reservations department is waiting to receive your bookings already!

There was very little damage to Bimini as well, our beautiful little island was spared the worst of Matthew.
Looks like it was media hype. Watching the news reporters it seems like they are disappointed at the lack of damage and injuries.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I believe if we launch 6am....we can skoot across the gulf in 3 hours and enjoy bimini tomorrow....whos in?? lol

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We made out quite well. Lost the mailbox, a screen panel from the porch, and a small tree from the landscaping in front of the porch.

There is one street between us and the Halifax. The folks on this riverfront street were slammed with surge, ripping off decks and depositing them in the houses and yards across the street. Just terrible damage. The houses are all flooded. There are marinas at each end of the block and they are just shredded. Boats on their sides. Fuel dock gone. All this missed us by 100 feet. :(

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like Hurricane Matthew passed just East of Bimini. This is unlikely to be good for the 2017 trip. If that 11' storm surge is more than media hype I see the docks floating above the marina and the lower levels of the condos flooded.

View attachment 47245
If we are shooting for July, may I suggest Block Island NY for next year. . . . . Head out of Montauk, and go to Block nice deep blue waters. = )

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Geeee I love your desk

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I read that Bahamas is starting school tomorrow for most parts.
They don't have full power restored yet or internet.