• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MasterCraft LEAP Complete

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally brought it home last week after waiting for break in weather in northern Idaho to San Diego.
1430 miles home , snow, rain, mountains , 1 ticket , and 1 small slot machine win in Vegas.
Safe. !

Attachments

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Congrats! Looks like you had a long trip but this time with better results!

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! Looks like you had a long trip but this time with better results!
This time, ..... I actually bought the boat! Lol.
....and it fit on the trailer. :)

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice looking boat...I hope to own one when my kids get a bit bigger so they can enjoy the wake sports.

Last edited:

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey @lashburn1,

Glad you found us over here.
That X30 is SWEET. Congrats. Should throw out a monster surf wave. What ballast package does it come with - standard or Pro?
Looking forward to hear your maiden voyage review. Keep us posted.

Last edited:

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice! I still have my eyes set on a Malibu here in the next couple of years.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey @lashburn1,

Glad you found us over here.
That X30 is SWEET. Congrats. Should throw out a monster surf wave. What ballast package does it come with - standard or Pro?
Looking forward to hear your maiden voyage review. Keep us posted.
2013 X30 comes with 800-900 lbs in 3 Hard Tanks on 3 pumps
Mine has 2 more 750 Hi-Fly Sacs in the rear port and starboard lockers.
These are wired to 2 additional Matching Jabsco pumps on a custom switch plate with Mastercraft switches.
All 5 are located near the Throttle..
The 3 Hard tanks and the 3 surf tabs are controllable by the Boats 7" touch screen, and user presets can be saved for regular riders....

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice! I still have my eyes set on a Malibu here in the next couple of years.
Malibu has a very cool surf system too, we came close to getting one.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is 23'4" , very close to my 242LS ? But the swim platform adds another 2' ?

I notice the breakaway Tongue was longer....

The Trailer is super nice, it's a speciAl order Paint OVER Galvanized Low Profile Mastercraft Trailer
Dual Axel Torsion (not leaf spring) with 4 wheel disc brakes.
18" XDs w/ Matched spare , and heavy load rated Nexxan 255 /55 rubber

Even at 1000 lbs more than my Yammie this thing tracked rock solid through mountain corners and freeway speeds and lane changes.

I was able to negotiable small gas pumps with no problems.... Just needed to think ahead as with any trailer situation

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah - the Malibu surf system is pretty cool - they're using the PowerWedge and the SurfGate. There's a beautiful all white 22MXZ down the street on display that has caught my attention. Well - they're all beautiful, they all catch my attention. But I do believe MasterCraft and Nautique to be the better boats.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That 2' swim platform really does make the boat so much bigger. I love the transom area of the Yamaha's, but I would love it even more if we had an additional bolt on platform.

How's the layout, size wise compared to your 242? Bigger main cockpit, but much smaller bow, right?

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah - the Malibu surf system is pretty cool - they're using the PowerWedge and the SurfGate. There's a beautiful all white 22MXZ down the street on display that has caught my attention. Well - they're all beautiful, they all catch my attention. But I do believe MasterCraft and Nautique to be the better boats.
Yah, looked very close at the MXZ22.... I liked the layout and looks of it.
We found a demo one loaded for a good price in Northern Cal... Just before we pulled the trigger...
...found this Loaded used X30 for the Same price.... Until then we had assumed that the MC was going to be way to much...
Patience paid off.

Malibu is a great boat, there is a slight build quality difference between the 2 brands.... But your talking about going from very good, to better still, with these two wake boats , not from crappy to awesome.
Again, had we not found the deal on the MC X30 , we may have gotten that Malibu.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That 2' swim platform really does make the boat so much bigger. I love the transom area of the Yamaha's, but I would love it even more if we had an additional bolt on platform.

How's the layout, size wise compared to your 242? Bigger main cockpit, but much smaller bow, right?
The layout of Yamaha's lineup is pretty much UNMATCHED IMO....
The X30 rates a higher occupancy , but that's were it stops..
Lower freeboard, and a V bow bring some limitations Vs my 242.

We gave up storage, a head(never used), and a ultra spacious bow.
My wife and Kids insisted they don't care even after 130hrs last summer on the Yammie.....we'll see. Lol

Tubing and WakeSurf are the water-sports of choice in our Family and switching from one to the other became a chore...
Bags in the boat was a bummer....ultimately it became about getting an easy to setup Surf boat.... As we could Tube and Cruise on anything....

Moving to a dedicated boat had some other advantages too, but this one came with 4 cockpit heaters! Lol
Power hydraulic steering and Auto Launch make my wife very excited about being the driver when I am in the water
It was her real complaint about the Yamaha, as she loved everything else....

The Stereo is the same Clarion head as my 2013 242LS, but this one came with 2 more JL Audio amps, 4 Tower speakers and a Sub,....in addition to the 4 in-boat speakers..... It will do. :)

The engine is a 6.2 Ilmore 430hp, this is 2 up from the base 5.7 ilmore 320 hp...
These are not fast boats, but I believe it's all about performing well at a given speed and ballasts load.

Interior , hardware , tower , are what you would expect at this next step up. If you are detail oriented , you will not be disappointed.
I cleaned my Yammie a lot as I will this boat. Looking forward to continue to make this boat shine as my last did.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tubing and WakeSurf are the water-sports of choice in our Family and switching from one to the other became a chore...
Bags in the boat was a bummer....ultimately it became about getting an easy to setup Surf boat.... As we could Tube and Cruise on anything....
Same reason we want to switch. In fact, I would have liked to have pulled the trigger this year, but the Surfgate is what has me waiting.

I want to get one that is a couple years old, so now I have to wait for the Surfgate to be a couple years old. :)

Auto Ballast, plus Wedge, plus Surfgate, Plus Perfect Pass = DREAM for me!!!

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Same reason we want to switch. In fact, I would have liked to have pulled the trigger this year, but the Surfgate is what has me waiting.

I want to get one that is a couple years old, so now I have to wait for the Surfgate to be a couple years old. :)

Auto Ballast, plus Wedge, plus Surfgate, Plus Perfect Pass = DREAM for me!!!
Agreed,,, we normally would not have made a move like this....
We did pay more than our new Yamaha ($71k) ... But my girls are growing up faster than I planned....
We know they will be gone sooner than we want....just trying to get it all in while they still like boating ....

I'm sure we'll sell it in 4-5 years ,,, when they don't like me anymore....but for now...it's ON.
:)

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. That is one sweet boat. Looks awesome. Congrats on sealing the deal.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Agreed,,, we normally would not have made a move like this....
We did pay more than our new Yamaha ($71k) ... But my girls are growing up faster than I planned....
We know they will be gone sooner than we want....just trying to get it all in while they still like boating ....

I'm sure we'll sell it in 4-5 years ,,, when they don't like me anymore....but for now...it's ON.
:)
@Christy You listening!

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
but do you have a go pro to take some videos to post for us to see that thing in action ?

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
but do you have a go pro to take some videos to post for us to see that thing in action ?
We do Scott, we bought a go Pro before our Lake Powell trip last summer.

I'm not sure when we'll get the boat in the water, we are still finishing up the desert season here in California.

My brain is only thinking about the boat right now