• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maybe the best current deal on Craigslist: 2010 AR 240w/trailer $15k

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sad it was left like that with a cover available. If you do get it I have a decent set of factory carpets for it along with a set of cobra jet fins that I can give you a good deal on. I can also help you with the oil coolers if you want to update the bolts vs buying new one. Bad part is those gauges are hard to find and super expensive. Good luck.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jmargo thanks. I have a set of carpet and an older set of cobra fins as well as a bunch of other parts (in retrospect one of the handles to the clean out tray was broken but he bought new clean out plugs about five years ago), including two handles/latches for the clean out hatch.

i talked to my wife about it, she doesn’t care either way, so the tired and lazy part of me is leaning toward passing on this but I may feel differently in the morning.

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm still a little shocked this wasn't a scam.

Low Retail is still about $33k, but that boat needs some TLC.
Bert's spent about $900 on new upholstery for my 242.
That Port gauge is suspect. The 'Primary' replacement gauge is like $800, I don't remember which is the primary.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm still a little shocked this wasn't a scam.

Low Retail is still about $33k, but that boat needs some TLC.
Bert's spent about $900 on new upholstery for my 242.
That Port gauge is suspect. The 'Primary' replacement gauge is like $800, I don't remember which is the primary.
Both gauges are scratched up / cloudy (I cycled through all the telemetry twice since it was so hard to see when they were showing engine hours. I think they could be restored with some elbow grease and a head light restoration kit. All four buttons on the guages are shot.

there is a member here that is selling upholstery skins starting at about $1800 for a complete kit. This boat is going to need the entire kit plus turf for the swim deck, dash and anchor locker hatch.

its going to take at least a weekend to polish the hull, the steering wheel is functional but should be replaced. The same is true of the entire stock stereo system. What little seal was around the engine compartment hatch has probably failed so the boat is loud.The throttles move easily as does the steering wheel, so the cables seem to be ok.

I think part of the reason for the low price (aside from the neglect the seller admitted to) is because he got the boat as part of the home purchase so he may not know what it’s worth or he is just selling it for what he believes he paid for it.

when I consider everything I just typed I’m having a hard time justifying buying it. I could flip it for a nice profit but it’s going to take a lot of time and money to get bring it back to life. At 52 i have the money but not the time, motivation or storage space to take this on.

still it’s a great boat for anyone looking to get into a modern jet boat relatively inexpensively . It’s actually turn key ready now, just not pretty. I will text the seller that I’m passing later this morning and may edit his ad for him as a way to thank him for not being a Craigslist faker. My gut feeling is that the boat will be sold by the end of this weekend now that the engine ms are running and idling smoothly. No rain in the forecast, just some clouds and highs in the high 60s/low 70s.

on a side note, the house next door just sold for $800k (2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 1550 sq feet, a two boat dock in the back yard, all about 10 minutes at no wake speed to fast water, only 5 minutes to the local marina). This guys home is not for sale but he told me several of his neighbors are planning to put their homes on the market soon. After walking though the house, onto the deck and right on the boat I’m more motivated now to accurate searching for a home there.

Last edited:

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That’s what I jokingly label as the filthy rich you buy something but never clean or take care of it and don’t even think or care about depreciation from lack of maintenance, that type of person would never even read a forum like this .The engine compartment is unbelievably filthy it looks like it was submerged in silty salt water but maybe that’s just how they look if never touched for 12 years. This boat should polish up nicely and look much better with some new vinyl and hydro turf but some of the complete neglect will not be able to be reversed. The feeling of restoring something like this is great best of luck to whoever jumps into it and have fun And post pics of the completed project.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ironically, when I told the seller I’m passing on it he asked me for a referral on new upholstery skins. I took a screenshot of a post here and sent it to him. If I thought he was keeping and restoring the boat for himself I would have directed him to this site and possibly gave him some of the spare parts I’ve have collected over the years (e.g., a set of stock carpet from my boat, I will never use it again now that I’ve installed seadek).

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If someone had time there is definitely a nice profit to be made here.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
This really is a success story on the durability of these boats—ignore your Yamaha for 5+ years and the thing is still turn-key ready.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length