• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maybe the best current deal on Craigslist: 2010 AR 240w/trailer $15k

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Was surfing tonight and saw this. It’s legit, I’ve seen this boat from the water many times, I’ve never seen it in the water. The cushions are shot, worse than the pictures reflect but still it’s a good deal, even better if you want the lift for an extra $2,500. I thought about buying and flipping it for a few minutes but decided against it. If anyone is interested and is willing to tow it from the sf bay area contact the seller. the ad is two days old as of the date of this post. Boating season is pretty much over here and it’s supposed to rain next week So this may not sell as quickly as it would have a few weeks ago.

25838B79-714D-4F33-BDE6-440291E951C9.png

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Trust me, it is a scam. They are all over craislist.
I check out to good to be true deals all the time so know what you mean but would bet $100 this ad is legit. I’ve got a text into the guy now and suspect he is selling his home as well. I’m looking for a place there but his place is so close to fast water that I’m sure it’s out of my price range.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I guess there may be people that don't know they have Yamaha engines in their Yamaha boat, but "rotex"? Is that like Rolex, or was it custom with true Rotax engines? :p

It also appears to have the tower and graphics of a 2010 AR240 when the ad says SX240. Nothing is matching up here.

Attachments

Last edited:

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Putting the address in google maps and doing the satellite view shows a grainy Yamaha boat on the dock. 15 grand does seem low. You could buy it and flip it for decent money. Heck the motors are probably worth that. The reg stickers do look like 2015.

Last edited:

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I check out to good to be true deals all the time so know what you mean but would bet $100 this ad is legit. I’ve got a text into the guy now and suspect he is selling his home as well. I’m looking for a place there but his place is so close to fast water that I’m sure it’s out of my price range.
Did he ever reply to your text ? I sent and email and text that were not returned yet.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have not received a response to the text I sent a few days ago. So it’s probably a scam or the boat sold already. I’ve driven by that boat on its lift at least twice last summer. It hasn’t been registered/didn’t have a current registration sticker on it for years.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The guy just texted me back. The boat is still available, it still has the original 2010 oil coolers. There is someone inspecting the boat before 5 today (so the next 30 minutes). I asked the seller to text me back if the boat is not sold today. Now I’m hoping it doesn’t start due to dead batteries so the deal falls through. I don’t think this boat has been lowered into the water for several years. When I first saw it In person I commented on the age of the registration sticker as wells as the condition of the swim deck cushions (the boat isn’t covered by a mooring cover or one from the dock/lift). The swim deck cushions need to be redone and I expect the rest of the cushions are in the same condition. That said, this is really a diamond in the rough at $15k. Even if I have to spend another $4k to $5k to replace the ocoolers and redo the upholstery.

@Julian , I’m not in the market for a lift, yet, but have looked into what they cost new and used. I have never seen one like this for less than $5k used. It may be worth your time to text the seller. Unless the next buyer lives in the area and needs a lift he or she is not likely to buy this one.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The guy just texted me back. The boat is still available, it still has the original 2010 oil coolers. There is someone inspecting the boat before 5 today (so the next 30 minutes). I asked the seller to text me back if the boat is not sold today. Now I’m hoping it doesn’t start due to dead batteries so the deal falls through. I don’t think this boat has been lowered into the water for several years. When I first saw it In person I commented on the age of the registration sticker as wells as the condition of the swim deck cushions (the boat isn’t covered by a mooring cover or one from the dock/lift). The swim deck cushions need to be redone and I expect the rest of the cushions are in the same condition. That said, this is really a diamond in the rough at $15k. Even if I have to spend another $4k to $5k to replace the ocoolers and redo the upholstery.

@Julian , I’m not in the market for a lift, yet, but have looked into what they cost new and used. I have never seen one like this for less than $5k used. It may be worth your time to text the seller. Unless the next buyer lives in the area and needs a lift he or she is not likely to buy this one.
The oil coolers are easy. Just drill and tap with the updated bolt. My concern is what the sun did to it. The upholstery can be redone but if the gauges and other items are thrashed it will get expensive. I can only imagine the stink and or mold wherever water ended puddling up in there and what the engine bay looks like. The trailer may be an issue too. Would you even want to run those motors after so many years without putting fresh oil in and priming the system. But heck I would probably still bite at 15K.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still have not received a reply but the ad was renewed yesterday. I guess it's still available.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
He is working his way down a list of people that responded after he initially put the ad up and left for the weekend. I may try and reach out to him again today and will ask if I can come see the boat while I’m at work, closer to his location. I don’t know why it wouldn’t sell quickly, unless it’s not running.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hope it works out, but with a renewed ad, he still doesn't have an accurate description of what is for sale. Also, who puts up an ad, then leaves for the weekend? When I sell something, I plan to be available till sold.

I still don't like it. YMMV

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a screen shot of the text string I had with him today. It may be scam but I still doubt it is. Seems like one of those guys who bought a boat and just didn’t use it much, just wasn’t that into boating. If it runs and the gauges work, I’d be hard pressed not to offer to buy it for his asking price if he would still sell it to me knowing I intend to flip it.

According to the ad I may need buy new tires for its trailer, but I should be able to get those from almost any local tire shop.

If it’s not already apparent, i wont be hurt if I don’t get it, it’s a Nice opportunity but even if I doubled my money it wouldn’t change my life and buying, refurbishing and selling it can be very time consuming. I’d rather see it go to someone who that would really use it to make good memories with family and friends.

40F1DDC6-8D38-435A-84C9-DCD4CE04C6EC.jpeg

Last edited:

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Craigslist has finally started charging for ads $5 dollars so this should eliminate or severely reduce scammers. I’m not sure what items they are charging for but I recently posted a motorcycle and after 30 days you need to pay again. Most items that I have sold have been through Facebook market place and offer up the fake adds from all the scammers has damaged Craig’s list reputation.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve been charged the $5 fee by Craigslist for vehicle sales ads only. I got charged again to refresh the ad to get it to the top of the list. It’s helped reduce the scammers. I have not found Facebook market place to be much better. Lots of fakers and non responders there. Many market place items I’ve considered can’t be picked up only shipped to me, in those cases I just buy the item through Amazon or eBay.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I suspect the trailer will need more that tires. Bunks are probably shot and the brakes will need some love. I almost wish he didn't get it running. You may want to ask if he has the bimini top and frame stashed somewhere.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I suspect the trailer will need more that tires. Bunks are probably shot and the brakes will need some love. I almost wish he didn't get it running. You may want to ask if he has the bimini top and frame stashed somewhere.
Thanks I forgot about the Bimini, if he has it stored it may be in good shape. Alternatively, it may have been deployed while the boat was on the lift and just deteriorated over the years.

As for the trailer, most of the people with boats on the water in that area just store the trailer on the side of their homes, so out in the open. As such, I’d expect the carpet to be shot but the brakes should be ok and I’d be fine towing it home with bad brakes. the main criteria for me are the engines have to be running smoothly and the boat should top out around 50 mph. If the engines have less than 100 hours on them, I’m taking the boat home with me.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got a call to check out the boat today so I did. Here are some pics.

Summarily, the owner got it with the house when he moved in and it hasn’t been used for about five years. The engines have just under 217 hours each. It’s bone stock, no fins, even the original head unit. It has a two battery system that does not look stock. The starboard oil cooler is missing the head on the third bolt down but neither oil cooler is leaking. The engines fired right up and idled fine. I did not have a chance to take it for a top speed run but we agreed that I would do so before finalizing the deal, if one is made.

he showed me pics of the trailer, no flat tires but they are over 10 years old so should be replaced anyway. The bunks needs new carpet not sure if the surge brakes work.

as you can see from the pics the boat needs a lot of tlc where general cleaning and polishing, the hull graphics, upholstery, and carpet are concerned. He went into to say he has the bikini canvas and frame as well as a new / used cover.

I’m on the fence about buying or passing but plan to make and communicate my decision to the seller tonight or tomorrow morning. If I decide to buy it it should be in my driveway/in front of my house by tomorrow night.

this is a legit deal, but it’s a very rough diamond.

Attachments

Last edited: