• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mechanic Fort Lauderdale are

CALP1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Own a SX230 - 2004 since new. Look for comments/referrals for jet boat mechanic at Fort Lauderdale are. Doing a overhaul on both MR 1 engines.
Could also be at Miami area.
Appreciate any comment. Ty

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately I have no suggestions for you, I am also looking for a shop to bore or resleeve a MR-1 engine in the Fort Myers area. So far I have had no luck, if you do find a shop over in your area I would appreciate it if you would pass the information on to me.

CALP1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately I have no suggestions for you, I am also looking for a shop to bore or resleeve a MR-1 engine in the Fort Myers area. So far I have had no luck, if you do find a shop over in your area I would appreciate it if you would pass the information on to me.
What boat do you have ? I did call Riva Yamaha Motorsports in Pompano Beach and they do not want to take the boat, so I did call Yamaha the factory in the US and they told me that they can not mandate any dealer to take any boat, they basically told me, you did buy this boat new and kept it well up to now but if you need any service now you are on your own.....there is not support from even Yamaha.......I am wondering if the new Yamaha boat owners knows about it.........we as old Yamaha boat owners could try to do something for our benefit.....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What boat do you have ? I did call Riva Yamaha Motorsports in Pompano Beach and they do not want to take the boat, so I did call Yamaha the factory in the US and they told me that they can not mandate any dealer to take any boat, they basically told me, you did buy this boat new and kept it well up to now but if you need any service now you are on your own.....there is not support from even Yamaha.......I am wondering if the new Yamaha boat owners knows about it.........we as old Yamaha boat owners could try to do something for our benefit.....
Dealers are so slammed with warranty work and customer satisfaction that they have zero room and time to work on old boats. That is a hole in the market that needs to be filled. Keep looking, there are a lot of mobile guys/one man show out there that can and will take that job on.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Own a SX230 - 2004 since new. Look for comments/referrals for jet boat mechanic at Fort Lauderdale are. Doing a overhaul on both MR 1 engines.
Could also be at Miami area.
Appreciate any comment. Ty
"overhaul" is a pretty vague term, what exactly are you looking for them to do ??

how many hours are on your engines ?

are you have or have ever had any engine work done outside of normal maintenance ?

I'd be looking for an independent jet ski, they're going to have a alot more familiarity with the mr1 / jet drive than an generic boat shop,

/

CALP1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Going to take out the exhaust manifold and all related parts out for inspection, I have the impression it is the culprit of the water intrusion. Also taking out and inspecting the oil cooler which also can be the source of water into oil. Once the engines are out going to check all refrigeration water ways, assuming the engine does not have a water pump if if the pissers for high rpm are not working and only one for the low rpm is working so an obstruction could be present.

CALP1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did find a mechanic, I am in contact with him, up to now seems all is fine, he will take both engines out and we are going over mainly the manifolds, oil cooler and all cooling passages, it is about 1700.00 only to take both engines out.......

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
I have a SWFL recommendation. Not that far from Alva. I have used Absolute Performance in Naples to rebuild my pumps and they did a great job. They have a full service engine rebuild shop. Robert at SkiRepairNaples.com

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a SWFL recommendation. Not that far from Alva. I have used Absolute Performance in Naples to rebuild my pumps and they did a great job. They have a full service engine rebuild shop. Robert at SkiRepairNaples.com
Thank you very much, I will look into them.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@CALP1
How you making out with the repairs?

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I talked to Robert and unfortunately they do not do machine work and don’t have anyone they can recommend.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Sorry. I did Google marine machine shops near Fort Myers and several came up. Might try calling and describe what you are wanting.

CALP1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@CALP1
How you making out with the repairs?
Did find a good mechanic at Miami area, took out both engines and doing an overhaul. Also changing the noise reduction hatch undercover, if anyone needs the same let me know.

Attachments