• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Member map not working on iPad

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just tried checking out the member map and it seemed to take a bit to load. However once it finished loafing the map doesn't display anything markers and is blank. I'm running an older version of iOS but Im pretty sure the map worked before on my iPad running the same iOS version. I don't have issue seeing the map on my iPhone running latest version iOS. Anyone else is have this issue on an iPad? I wonder if my version is not compatible with latest forum update?

image.png

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you find any info? Mine still doesn't work. Here's a progression as I zoom in (which takes so long I can make popcorn while I wait..)
The red pins show members info but blue pins never update. IMG_1342.jpgIMG_1343.jpgIMG_1344.jpg

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't seem to get the member's map to work on my computer. Do we have any update on this?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The member map that we used for years is no longer available.

I also have experienced it not working on Apple Mobile devices while it has worked for others.

As our membership has grown the number of pins on the map has exceeded what is reasonable for Google Maps.

The mapping software gives the option of the "heat map" which never reaches a zoom level of single users or to turn that off which increases the number of points mapped.

I am keeping an eye out for a better mapping option.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The member map that we used for years is no longer available.

I also have experienced it not working on Apple Mobile devices while it has worked for others.

As our membership has grown the number of pins on the map has exceeded what is reasonable for Google Maps.

The mapping software gives the option of the "heat map" which never reaches a zoom level of single users or to turn that off which increases the number of points mapped.

I am keeping an eye out for a better mapping option.
Thanks Bruce! You guys all do an amazing job, and we are thankful for your hard work.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It works for me on a Samsung S4 tablet, will try on a mac later.

20190314_082707.jpg
Screenshot_20190314-080202_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190314-080214_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just worked for me on my Samsung S6 phone after I allowed it to know my location.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Works fine for me on iphone XS

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I switched the member map to an add-on from XF2 Addons (@AndyB ).

The display is much better.

It is only showing 1,291 members. Those are members who have selected the "Stay Logged In" option while logging in.

I am discussing potential changes with the developer but increasing the number of members displayed is likely to slow the map display.

It does have features we wanted like starting zoomed in so less points are displayed and the ability to zoom in to see individual members while having a heat map while zoomed out.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I switched the member map to an add-on from XF2 Addons (@AndyB ).

The display is much better.

It is only showing 1,291 members. Those are members who have selected the "Stay Logged In" option while logging in.

I am discussing potential changes with the developer but increasing the number of members displayed is likely to slow the map display.

It does have features we wanted like starting zoomed in so less points are displayed and the ability to zoom in to see individual members while having a heat map while zoomed out.
Thanks for working on this.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Btw yes I know I need another file for recipes. It's just easy this way.... 😋

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is still populating but I owe a big thank you to @AndyB to being so responsive. We should have 8,000 pins on the map soon, the ability to zoom all the way in and the links to member names work now.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I posted above on March 14 that that the Map was accurate in my neck of the woods. And it was then. However I just went back to check it out and It shows me off in B.F.E. in this case bum f*** Enosburg. Nobody lives there, just cows! I live about an hour drive south in Milton. I tried to hold and drag the pin as I could with the old map but was not successful in moving it to an accurate location. Not sure why it changed. How can I fix.

20190505_064547.jpg

Google maps can see me.

Screenshot_20190505-071504_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just checked and I’m not on there in my location either. Not sure if it’s showing somewhere else.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The location data is updated at the end of each month based on geolocation of, I believe, the members lost rencent IP Address.

I wonder if the inaccurate placement is due to a mobile phone IP Address being the most recent?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh God....it's gonna put me in a different place each month!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do not appear to be on the map at all, at least not in the correct spot.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The location data is updated at the end of each month based on geolocation of, I believe, the members lost rencent IP Address.

I wonder if the inaccurate placement is due to a mobile phone IP Address being the most recent?
IDK, maybe I left the Site open on the phone...more data was used than usual this month. I know the IP address has put me in Cambridge or Sheldon I think before, 30 mins away. But never in Enosburg before, Have not been there in 15 years. I will leave the interweb off on the phone to see if it corrects itself. Bummer I can't just drag it into position.

Last edited:

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If this is true, is there a way to opt out of the map? As I travel for work, I don't need for my location to be known, or I guess I'll have to restrict my JB.net page usage.