• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Memorial Day Boating!!!

bigwoo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey we usually ride down to South Cove , We'll be looking for any Yamaha's . Hoping to get started down there around lunch time Friday. I got the 41' fifth whell ,better half has got the boat. Hope the water is warm this year. Lake here we come!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Zeus2013 - Speaking of the Memorial Day Air Show at Jones Beach. . . . I just had (2) CH53 Superstallion's, (2) Apache's and, an Osprey fly directly overhead (presumably) on the way to the staging area for the air show. They were within 100 yards of my rooftop. Seriously has me bummed about not being there.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Iiiiiiiittt's FRIDAY and the ramp up day to the long Memorial Day weekend. You guys/gals be safe on the road and on the water. Don't want to hear about any mishaps over the weekend. Or any other time for that matter.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
All cleaned up [except the truck] and ready to roll as soon as my wife gets home from work. Being retired is hell!!! Gonna find a secluded sand bar on the Wisconsin River and relax. It has been a long cold winter and I'm ready for some sun.
20140523_133043 (800x600).jpg

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hey @Bilmon where on the Wisconsin do you usually go? Also, good luck in your quest for sand. I'm guessing the water is still pretty high.:drowning:

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Will put in at hy14 bridge near Springreen. Been checking the level and it's at my upper limit but I know a few spots that should be good. Very shallow area been told I'm nuts to put my boat in there but you know jetboaters,think they can go anywhere! My other choice is the Mississippi pool 13 but thats over flood stage and is gonna be full of crap for awhile. Have a great weekend.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I know that bridge very well, I drive over it almost every weekend on my way out to Pool 9. I'm staying local this weekend due to the high water on the Big River. It looks like it crested earlier this week and has been dropping pretty quick. Hopefully enough to get out there next week.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you hear that every lake in the Finger Lakes (NY) is closed because of lake levels! That means no boating for me this weekend (more time for mods!) I can't imagine the loss of money for the retailers and bitter disappointment for a lot of boaters including me.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
I know that bridge very well, I drive over it almost every weekend on my way out to Pool 9. I'm staying local this weekend due to the high water on the Big River. It looks like it crested earlier this week and has been dropping pretty quick. Hopefully enough to get out there next week.
Sitting on a sand bar listening to mosquitos hum,they are bad .Water is high but I found a nice spot.Ended up putting in at Arena current was wicked at 14 bridge

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey we usually ride down to South Cove , We'll be looking for any Yamaha's . Hoping to get started down there around lunch time Friday. I got the 41' fifth whell ,better half has got the boat. Hope the water is warm this year. Lake here we come!
Man are there a lot of campers at South cove. Looks like a hoot, but sure is nice looking over at it all from across the cove. Cruises to the north end yesterday before the crowds. The lake is up, so the usual beach at the falls is 1-2 feet underwater. It was nice to have a yamaha and just back the swim platform up. Water is a little cool at first but GREAT.

bigwoo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We rode down to South cove Saturday but didn't see you or any Yamahas . Sure is a gigantic house being build (Castle with moats) just east of South Cove. Water was 79 then 81 later in the afternoon.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All those boats and we didn't see another Yamaha either. I am pretty sure a bunch of campers got to see what jetboats are all about though. Sorry we missed you.

The house is crazy. It went into foreclosure and I think has been purchased. A bit of a fixerupper. Check out the details.

"Owner has approximately $4 million in the property. Property is a single family Castle w/ 3 bedrooms in main house & 4 full Bathrooms. A guest house w/ 1 bedroom and 1 full bathroom. A 2 story Gazebo with fireplace and full kitchen planned. Fireplace in living room and master of main house and 1 in guest house with roof top deck. Roughly 15k sqft main house with 14k sqft of decks."
keowee castle.jpg

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20140527_044807.jpg
Iiiiiiiittt's FRIDAY and the ramp up day to the long Memorial Day weekend. You guys/gals be safe on the road and on the water. Don't want to hear about any mishaps over the weekend. Or any other time for that matter.
While not quite a "Boating" mishap. . . . After a severely rolled ankle I am on my way to the ER. The pic is of me last night in my sons bunk bed, since I could not get up the stairs. You might ask, why did you suffer through the night and not just go to the ER after it happened. The answer, Docks were being delivered today.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep the ER can wait dang it.....lol .... such a trooper and I see your priorities are in order.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@0627Devildog Dude Your hand.. Now your ankle..don't go running any heavy equipment. What a string of bad luck..

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 6391

While not quite a "Boating" mishap. . . . After a severely rolled ankle I am on my way to the ER. The pic is of me last night in my sons bunk bed, since I could not get up the stairs. You might ask, why did you suffer through the night and not just go to the ER after it happened. The answer, Docks were being delivered today.
You seem to break pretty easy for a Marine, are you sure you weren't in the Coast Guard? Bahahahahaha! All kidding aside, I hope everything is ok, and your home and healing. Feel better, and rest that ankle.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You seem to break pretty easy for a Marine, are you sure you weren't in the Coast Guard? Bahahahahaha!
While this seems to be accurate lately, that hurts more than the ankle. . . . . .

At Dr. now awaiting Xray.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hoping everything is ok, how did you roll your ankle?

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Zeus2013 - Speaking of the Memorial Day Air Show at Jones Beach. . . . I just had (2) CH53 Superstallion's, (2) Apache's and, an Osprey fly directly overhead (presumably) on the way to the staging area for the air show. They were within 100 yards of my rooftop. Seriously has me bummed about not being there.
That's awesome. I could not make it out on the boat Saturday or Sunday, BUT was at HomeDepot right at the end of the Farmingdale airport where the planes were taking-off from and hung out at the fence to watch the plans take off and what looked like C-17 take-off. How that thing was able to take-off at that runway is amazing.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Zeus2013 You should see those beasts do an assault landing on 3000' of runway and then have to ADD power to clear the runway at the end. The C-17 demo is extremely impressive, and that's saying a lot from a fighter pilot. Still big, slow ugly, over crewed, etc, etc....