• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Memorial Day Boating!!!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Skaneateles Lake in Central New York. Listed as one of the top 10 cleanest lakes in the world. A beautiful place.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I would like to say Thank you! As well @Sotally Tober , your service and sacrifice is appreciated. Thank you Sir..

Ajohn5555

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lake Tahoe for me. I cannot wait. Going up this weekend to put the boat into the water. Longest winter of my life. The good news is the snow has all melted into the lake. image.jpg

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Crooked Creek campground @Lake Keowee SC .
We will be spending the long weekend on Keowee too down by South Cove. Maybe we'll see you on the water. Have fun!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We will be spending the long weekend on Keowee too down by South Cove. Maybe we'll see you on the water. Have fun!
I love that place!!

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Canadaigua Lake (Finger Lakes Region NY)
Thinking 5:30 AM Launch on a Sunday with an Overnight and mid morning take out. That should beat the crowds

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Canadaigua Lake (Finger Lakes Region NY)
Thinking 5:30 AM Launch on a Sunday with an Overnight and mid morning take out. That should beat the crowds
That's exactly what I'm going to do. Wasn't fun retrieving at a new "free" ramp last Sunday. A group with a Seadoo parked in the middle of the ramp talking about liquor shots while 4 boats are waiting to retrieve. Luckily, there are 3 lanes. I docked, RAN to my truck, retrieved the boat, pulled up and a side to do end of day chores. Yet, they are still there at the ramp.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's exactly what I'm going to do. Wasn't fun retrieving at a new "free" ramp last Sunday. A group with a Seadoo parked in the middle of the ramp talking about liquor shots while 4 boats are waiting to retrieve. Luckily, there are 3 lanes. I docked, RAN to my truck, retrieved the boat, pulled up and a side to do end of day chores. Yet, they are still there at the ramp.

Tell me how it went. I still am considering just staying home and launching next weekend but it is supposed to be so nice this weekend.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We'll be at our usual sandbar near Bogue inlet in the Swansboro/Emerald isle area. Probably going out both Sunday and Monday.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Skaneateles Lake in Central New York. Listed as one of the top 10 cleanest lakes in the world. A beautiful place.
Gotta try out that Lake this summer! How is the launch sites on that lake?

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK the est. water temp is 60 degrees in Canadaigua Lake I plan to out fit my teens with wet 1/4 inch wet suits shorties too cold for tubing????

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Danny and I are considering just waiting it out this weekend and going out next weekend instead. We haven't made the final decision yet though.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4 hours and counting. These last 4 hours at work is going to be rough. Good thing I can get paid and still think about boating. You all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I grew up boating and skiing on Lake Hartwell and Lake Jocasee, sometimes we would make it to Keowee. I remember the water always being much cooler at Jocasee. I lived in Greer, SC, so we were kind of central to all the lakes. My best friend has a lake house on Hartwell. I would spend the weekends with him and we would get up early in the morning and slalom while the water was glassy. We used to slalom ski through this cove called 18 mile creek. It was like flying an airplane through a canyon!!! We skied at around 34-36 mph, and 18 mile creek was about 2 miles long with about 8 ninety degree turns and super narrow. MAN I miss those days!!!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey @Zeus2013, looks like I will be boating the Hudson instead. . . . . Could not make the Jones beach trip work unfortunately due to some unforeseen circumstances. Hope you make it out there and have a great time. I will be shooting to get out there next year for sure. Looks like the preliminary plan is to be out on Memorial Day, Boating between the Tappan-Zee and the Newburg Beacon Bridge.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I grew up boating and skiing on Lake Hartwell and Lake Jocasee, sometimes we would make it to Keowee. I remember the water always being much cooler at Jocasee. I lived in Greer, SC, so we were kind of central to all the lakes. My best friend has a lake house on Hartwell. I would spend the weekends with him and we would get up early in the morning and slalom while the water was glassy. We used to slalom ski through this cove called 18 mile creek. It was like flying an airplane through a canyon!!! We skied at around 34-36 mph, and 18 mile creek was about 2 miles long with about 8 ninety degree turns and super narrow. MAN I miss those days!!!
Okay........so I started reminiscing about the good ole days and pulled up 18 milecreek on google Earth. I is maybe 3 90 degree turns, so down and back would make it 6, but it was still narrow as shit! I remember spraying peoples docks when we would cut on the ski because it was so narrow.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @Zeus2013, looks like I will be boating the Hudson instead. . . . . Could not make the Jones beach trip work unfortunately due to some unforeseen circumstances. Hope you make it out there and have a great time. I will be shooting to get out there next year for sure. Looks like the preliminary plan is to be out on Memorial Day, Boating between the Tappan-Zee and the Newburg Beacon Bridge.
No problem, just have a safe Holiday!!! Maybe another time...