• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mercury 210 Sport Jet Issues

RVSugar

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Calais
Boat Length
Hi all. I’m new to the forum and I know there’s plenty of posts on subject but my issue seems a little different so hoping the experts out there can help. Last year I bought my first boat; 2004 Sugar Sand Calais. It has the 210 Mercury. It ran last year fine. It didn’t always start on the first turn of key but eventually it started. The guy I bought it from said he had some fuel delivery issues so had new stator, plugs and carbs adjusted the year I bought it. This year first time out no problems. Second time, had trouble starting at home. Turned over fine but would not fire. It took about 20 minutes of trying with hose hooked up, but I got it going. Got out on lake, started right up but then when I throttle it up it did not want to throttle down and when I got to the sand bar to anchor and it seemed I had to muscle the remote back to get the reverse gate to drop. I eventually just killed the motor, it never really throttle down. After a few hours I pulled up anchor and you guessed it - I was stranded. It turned over but would not fire and had to be towed in. I’m in the process of pulling stuff off. I figured fuel pump but there was fuel in the line after the pump which does not make sense to me if it failed. Then I read some things on the enrichment solenoid, maybe that unit is failing? Any help you guys can provide is much appreciated. I’m ready to get to work, but obviously I’d like to start with the inexpensive stuff first. I already plan on changing plugs and fuel filter. BTW when the boat runs, it’s a blast. I love it.