• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Metal pieces

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Random occurance. Have owned the boat for a few weeks and have brought it out 4 times. After each time I pull the drain plug and get a small amount of curled metal pieces. Are these pieces from the assembly or larger issue?20180902_131754.jpg Wondering if others have seen these.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Normal. From the manufacturing process. They don't do a great job cleaning it all up in the bilge and whatever is between to two halves (top deck and hull).

Next will be the excess silicone coming out of the exhaust which is also normal....for a Yamaha.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Keep checking, my hope is that Yamaha will embrace it and start hiding some golden shavings in a few boats, golden ticket style, find the golden shavings and your boat is free........

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@CraigLombardi one thing you can do (and probably should do) is pull the transom drain plug and hose out your bilge by spraying water from the cleanout tray bilge access cover. This will help get those loose metal shavings, fittings, fasteners and everything else that is loose from the manufacturing process. This will also ensure that your transom drain plug oring will not get crap stuck to it causing a leak from improper seal.

Deven Hallen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine was pretty bad the first two outings. I’ll see how it is the next go round.

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you open the access hatch next to the clean out plugs you can reach down with a shop vac and vacuum all that mess out of the bilge. That's what I did after several months of digging metal shavings out at the plug and now it's much better.