• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MFI trailer just changed the breakaway cable

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My breakaway cable was about to break. I could not trust it to do it's job if needed. And I need to have the trailer inspected.

20200514_095621.jpg

I bought this to replace it. UFP Model A-60 Replacement Break-Away Cable Assembly #32264 .

20200514_100400.jpg

I did this without disconnecting the break line. Taking it apart and swapping the cable was easy.

20200514_170809.jpg
I cut the hook off the old one and taped the new one to it and pulled it thru with no problem.

20200514_174707_1.jpg

Getting it all aligned to recieve the rear anchor pin was fairly easy except for the black rollers that fit into a counterbore in the reservior anchor point. My grease was not sticky enough to keep them in place and they kept falling out on reassembly. The front section of the tongue holds them in place and until you can slide the front section of the tongue past the collar on the roller it wants to fall out. I drew a sketch below to explain what I saw.

20200515_130427.jpg

The shape of the roller is highlighted.
I found that using a long thin screwdriver to align and hold the rollers onto the reservior anchor point as the sliding part of the tongue is pushed back to engage the rollers, keeping them in their place. The tongue will slide back enough and stop against a thin screwdriver. Then you can pull it out and engage/align the anchor for the sliding tongue, as it comes in, on the other side of the hole, using the same screwdriver and align everything up. Another sketch.

20200515_101230.jpg

20200515_082051.jpg

It took me a little over an hour, but most of that was figuring out how to keep the rollers in and capture everything with the pin. Lastly, use the release lever as needed.

Last edited:

Mikem

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great write up and sketches. Did you have to remove the feeder break line or was there enough slack to get the job done? Also, while you were in there, could you tell hoe assessable the Shock Damper Piston was, should be just one bot holding it to the Master Cylinder right? Thanks

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No, I did not remove the brake hose, left it intact. Hopefully this will be useful. Adobe Acrobat

Edit: For MFI trailers.

Last edited: