• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Miami to Bimini June 2017

Justin Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I live in Orlando. We have two boats planning to go the last week of May or 1st or 2nd week of June. Trying to get a few more boats that want to cross together. Looking at leaving our of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami on a Saturday morning and coming back on Friday. Give us a day or two flexibility.

MarkEnMiami

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey Everyone,

Every year I take jet skis from haulover marina in Miami Fl to the bahama island Bimini. This year I plan on taking a brand new Scarab boat.

Bimini is the westernmost district of the Bahamas, located about 50 miles east of Miami. The island of Bimini is known as the "Deep Sea Fishing Capital of the World." Aside from its major attractions of bone fishing, snorkeling, and deep sea diving, the island holds many historical stories and myths.

In the 17th and 18th centuries, Bimini had been a haunt for privateers and pirates like Blackbeard plundering from the Caribbean Sea along the Gulf Stream and then to Spain. It became a much more peaceful place after the slavery abolition in 1840, as many slaves brought their families to settle on the island. During the 1920s, Bimini became a major storage area for liquor destined to be smuggled into the U.S. by rumrunners. It later became the home for famous author Ernest Hemingway for a few years in the 1930s, during which time he wrote "Islands in the Stream" and "To Have and Have Not."

There are a number of places to visit while staying in Bimini. One of the most well known is Bimini Road. Sometimes called the Bimini Wall, this underwater rock formation is composed of roughly rectangular limestone blocks called beachrock. Although it is generally considered to be a naturally occurring geological feature, many believe that the formation is the remains of the ancient road, wall, or other deliberatley built structure. Some even claim this site to be the remnants of the mythical city of Atlantis.

The Fountain of Youth is believed to be located within the shallow pools of South Bimini. It is known as a legendary spring that supposedly retores the youth of anyone who drinks or bathes in its waters. The Healing Hole is another wonder of the island. This spring of freshwater contains many healing minerals said to be rich in rejuvinating elements and have various healing qualities. Memory Ledge is also located on the island. Local belief states that anyone who lies along the ledge experiences flashbacks through his or her entire life and sometimes even past lives.

Bimini is one of the many gorgeous and relaxing islands of the Bahamas and is definitely recommended for a quiet and relaxing getaway. If you are also seeking a bit of an adventure, there are many things to do and places to visit during your stay in Bimini. From learnig about its historical significance to exploring the myths and uncovering legends, this island is sure to keep anyone who visits entertained. See our Resorts and Specials pages for deals at the luxurious Bimini Bay Resort!

In really good weather the trip can be made under 2 hours.
I'm posting this to see how many Scarab boat owners would like to join us for a vaction of a life time.
Would love this go. We are down in the southern part of miami, we did this a few years ago and launched all of our friends at blackbpoint in homestead and left all the cars and trailers at my house ... went in bigger boats but this year we bought a 242 limited and want to do it again.

Hit me up and count me in!

Justin Edwards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Still looking for a few boats that are interested in going over June 3-10. The only time we can go do to sons going to college right after.
Have not made the trip myself yet. Have 242 Limited S E-series out of Orlando. Thanks.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Send me more info as to plans on this. Scarab and myself have been working on a sponsorship for this exact trip.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MarkEnMiami, @Ron@Scarab have you seen this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/jetboaters-net-bimini-fling-july-10th-to-15th-2017.11966/ ? Currently we have approximately 38 boats and 6 skis going.

@Justin Edwards, I hope you find your group. When you do try to use our Bimini Sands form and discount. It may work.

@Ron@Scarab, are you wanting to run a Scarab only trip? If so get in touch and I will share contacts for getting group discounts. Scarab would always be welcome to sponsor the JetBoaters Bimini Fling. It is rumored that our arrival will have media coverage this year.