• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mini Jet boat (kit) questions?

mnmchamp

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey all. This is my first post. I was looking for a site with good information and hope this will be it. I'm 52 and probably going through a mid life crisis.. LOL Kidding. I'm a avid boater and Jet skier. Have my Captains License ect.. The reason I was looking at a Mini Boat was for a few reasons. I own a 34ft searay that the wife loves. I also have a Jetski that she will go on, but only if its calm. When I go by myself I go and have fun. I was thinking of getting rid of the ski and building a mini. This way we can use it as a Rib/Dingy going to out local sand bar, taking it up the marina to different marinas ect. A lot of my friends have Rib boats and just putt/get around. I was looking at this as a replacement for my Ski when I'm alone I can rip around and as a Rib to get around with the wife. Now she was saying it will kill her back. I want to note.. When she is on the ski, I go slow so it's not too rough anyway. Is this something that when she rides in it, she will never want to go again? I don't have one to test since there are none in my area. If I build one, it looks like I can sell it if needed and not loose money. If built right. Any input on ride would be useful. Thank you all.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would be looking at a bucket seat with a with a suspension / shock that has a lot of travel for the wife. Other than that, I think the shorter the hill the greater the chance of proposing / rougher ride.

dont know where you are located but im in NCal and have a 1,812 cc drop in ready motor with ecm, starting solenoid and wiring harness for $2,500 excluding shipping or delivery. Start a convo with me if you are interested.

mnmchamp

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would be looking at a bucket seat with a with a suspension / shock that has a lot of travel for the wife. Other than that, I think the shorter the hill the greater the chance of proposing / rougher ride.

dont know where you are located but im in NCal and have a 1,812 cc drop in ready motor with ecm, starting solenoid and wiring harness for $2,500 excluding shipping or delivery. Start a convo with me if you are interested.
Thanks, I was looking at Jetstream suspension seat. Looks pretty cool. I'm in NY. I'm not ready just as of yet, but thanks for the heads up on the engine

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What about a small jet boat? I have 2009 Sea Doo Sportster 15’. Works quite well and tops out at around 40-42. That’s the smaller engine so you could get a bigger one if you want. They’re supercharged though I think so be careful.

mnmchamp

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What about a small jet boat? I have 2009 Sea Doo Sportster 15’. Works quite well and tops out at around 40-42. That’s the smaller engine so you could get a bigger one if you want. They’re supercharged though I think so be careful.
Thanks, I'm looking to build one of these with a SVHO engine