• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Minimum height 2015 ar192

xedelatorre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, im in the process of finding a decent garage where my boat will fit. Does anybody know the lowest height of the 2015 AR192 with the tower collapsed while on the trailer? I'm taking measurements of some garage doors and I want to make sure it fits. Thanks a lot in advance!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Those are from the Yamaha website and unfortunately aren't very accurate.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anybody else have numbers they have taken themselves? I am in the same pickle. I've seen a very nice writeup on the 2016+ models, but haven't found info on the older models with the rear folding tower. Anyone with some personal experience putting an AR190/192 in a low garage?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does it have something that prevents it from folding further? I always assumed the front would be the highest area of the tower where it would pivot.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The pivot point is right above the windshield and that is the fixed high point. And I guess really the high point is relative to how much effort you want to put in to lowering the boat. My garage right now only has a clearance height of about 78" so I dont even bother trying, but I just put an offer in on a house that has a garage height of about 83". If my memory serves me correctly, the older style tower is a little lower than the arch tower, but I think that was before you guys figured out how to drop it further than the factory setup. There is room on this new place to raise the header to 8' and it's on the gable end so it should be pretty easy, but damn the shit eating grin on my face would be huge if I could sneak her in the garage with minimal effort.

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Perfect timing. I was going to do a write up on this since I just purchased my 2015 AR192 and I was also stressed about getting it in the garage. My garage is 82 3/4 at the opening. To make things easy, I decided to back it into the middle of the garage and then use two positioning dolly's from Harbor Freight in order to push the boat to one side of the garage. I purchased these on sale for $59 each.

https://www.harborfreight.com/1250-lb-Capacity-Vehicle-Positioning-Wheel-Dolly-62234.html

I also went to Autozone and purchased a 7 inch drop receiver (can't find the link on their website). This allowed the tongue to drop down quite a bit which lowered the tower just under the garage door. The first time I backed in, I had a friend watching and backed up slowly. The boat cleared my door by about 3/4 of an inch. Once I was all the way in, I used the positioning dolly's to push it to the side of the garage and all was well. I think the 7 inch drop receiver made all the difference and it was only about $25. I would just suggest having someone stand next to the trailer as you back up and go slowly. You also have the option of letting some air out of the tires. Worst case scenario, that could give you about another 2 inches.

Note: I removed the bimini as it could possibly stick up higher than the highest point of the tower when it's folded. I'm taking the boat out this weekend and when I get back, I'm going to try to get it in the garage with the bimini still attached.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome news and great work! Thank you for posting.