• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Minn Kota Terrova

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I went up to Bass Pro Shops today to look at all of their Chart Plotters just to make sure the Garmin 93SV that I got I was going to keep. Really wanted to check out the New 73SV and the screen size. Also was playing around with the Hummingbird and Lowrance one's as well. Took the family with me since they want to just hunt around at clothes.

Salesman came up to me and we started chatting, started talking about the Force Trolling motor and its integration with the Garmin, and also chatted about the Hummingbird and the Minn Kota's. Says he sells more of the Garmin Minn Kota Combo, etc. Anyhow, He indicates that he has a shipment getting unloaded right now and he can see if they have the 24v 60" 80# Terrova on it, but doubts it. Says they are sold out and have been and doesn't expect much till May. I am wandering around the store looking at the bass boats and the down riggers and he finds me and says that he has 4 being unloaded right now do I want one? I wasn't prepared to purchase one just yet with all the other mods I need to install, plus it would super custom on my boat as I have seen. I said I will think about it need to clear it with the Admiral, jokingly at best, not a chance in hell I was getting approval on this. So I mention it in passing when I find them over watching the fish swimming and she says "Why don't you do that so you can fish", I let her know it was $1849 and my budget for boating stuff is exhausted for the season and expected her to lose her shit. She didn't. She said she would buy it for me, since she just got her tax refund yesterday. I think I blacked out for moment. So we go over to the desk and there is one guy with one checking out at the Electronics desk. The Salesman asks me do I want one, because they only have 1 left. Man in front of me bought one and 2 are going out for purchases online, all in about 30 -40 minutes or so. Sooooo In retrospect I should of mentioned I need some Lithium Batteries as well and so what she said about throwing them in. ;)

20210320_201130.jpg20210320_201118.jpg20210320_201141.jpg

Last edited:
Now I gotta go find the threads where people mounted them to a non fish boat. I saw an anchor locker mount as well. Hoping to not do that.

May be June before I get all these mods installed.

You will enjoy it more than you can imagine. The Spot Lock (GPS anchor) is a feature we use all of the time; in fact, we only use the real anchor (and a Sand Spike) to anchor at a beach.

Does the motor come with the quick release so all I have to do is mount the puck from it? Anyone who knows or has one?

Excited to see how you mount this bad boy. Just took delivery on my boat and seriously considered getting a Minn Kota installed at the dealer. But it seemed too complicated and decided to just do the chartplotter/fishfinder and come back to this later. Really want to add one though and might do it this summer; please keep us posted on your experience.

Does the motor come with the quick release so all I have to do is mount the puck from it? Anyone who knows or has one?
Mine is mounted to the Minn Kota Quick Release Bracket, and that is mounted on top of the Yamaha trolling motor plate (factory optional part for the FSH 19).

The Minn Kota Bracket did not come with the Trolling Motor; it costs about $80.

As noted above, you will need either a Yamaha, some other brand or a custom mounting plate to anchor and disperse the weight/torque of the trolling motor.

I love mine I'm sure you will to, I would play with it in open areas till you know how it moves you boat and how to work the remote quick. I say this b/c I just about put my boat into another when I thought it was in anchor and some how I put it in cruise. I'm running 2 group 27s DC lead and I run for 5-7hrs with still some juice left.

@Stang7tl Thanks for the advice. I am either going to run it off two AGM Group 24 Northstars that I have on order, or just return those and get 2 12v LiFePo4 or 1 24v one. Thinking about weight. Still unsure. First trying to sort out the mount, then onto the plug and receptacle and then figure out running the wire back tot he batteries. Once there I figure I will have to make the final decision on the batteries.

I have been looking for a multi-bank on board waterproof charger that will do both Lithium and AGM, etc. But can't seem to find one. I think I opened up a can of worms.

Very excited to get it working though.

it can be for sure, but worth it I'm thinking of getting a pair of talon power poles!!! this damn boats LOL. I have a noco 4 bank 40amp charger still haven't installed if I don't ill let you know. I already have a 2 bank installed for the trolling motors was swapping it out to charge all 4 but just have other stuff I want to do first.

@Stang7tl Thanks for the advice. I am either going to run it off two AGM Group 24 Northstars that I have on order, or just return those and get 2 12v LiFePo4 or 1 24v one. Thinking about weight. Still unsure. First trying to sort out the mount, then onto the plug and receptacle and then figure out running the wire back tot he batteries. Once there I figure I will have to make the final decision on the batteries.

I have been looking for a multi-bank on board waterproof charger that will do both Lithium and AGM, etc. But can't seem to find one. I think I opened up a can of worms.

Very excited to get it working though.
Not sure who's LiFePO4 your looking at but my Dakota purchase included chargers.

Back