• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mission Impossible: Finding a 2020 242S on the east coast...

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So as most know by now with "19" occurring and shutting down the Yamaha Factory, as well as with the hottest boat sales on record, it's very difficult to find a boat. That said, I'm trying to find a 2020 242S. I'm on Long Island, NY. The tri-state area only has the 242X or the 242SE on lots. I had worked up a deal on "THE" boat up in Connecticut over at G&R but it recently got away from me. This week I actually sold my current boat and accept that I won't have a boat this summer. I have not given up hope and continue to call around. At this point I'm willing to travel for a day from NY to find "THE" boat. Any dealers here, please feel free to contact me regarding a 2020 242S that you may have. I'd need it on a galvanized trailer. Thanks!

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

NYboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I actually know of a 2020 242S at a dealer who doesn’t post inventory any place but their website. As of yesterday it was there and available. I won’t disclose here just so no one else can swoop in, but PM me and I’ll connect you with the salesman I have been working with. I can’t speak to their strength of deals as I am a new shopper, but I overheard a deal being closed last week and the couple was happy with the extras they threw in along with the OTD price.

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As of this past weekend Highway Marine in Quakertown, PA had a 242S and a 242SE. One had a sold sign on it but I don't remember which. I just got my 242SE from them and had a good experience.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Plenty of them down here in Florida. Have you thought about getting it shipped up there?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see one in Fort Myers and Jacksonville on Boattrader.com

SunSports in fort myers

Beach blvd motorsports in Jacksonville

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Does anyone know of a service that can locate a boat for you? Spending hours on this! I've gotten close but the other issue is finding boats with painted trailers. Also, I'm finding that the Boattrader.com ads are not updated to show recent stock...

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know of a service that can locate a boat for you? Spending hours on this! I've gotten close but the other issue is finding boats with painted trailers. Also, I'm finding that the Boattrader.com ads are not updated to show recent stock...
Call Riva Motorsports in Pompano Beach Florida. They will locate what you want and get it shipped.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you’re looking in Florida, SE FL is going to be a better bet. Although dealers in FL were open statewide and allowing for sales, in SE FL, dealers could only be open for service. BMC was able to find our boat in Miami that way because they couldn’t sell their own inventory. Not sure what their status is now.
Boat trader.com has the name of shipping companies and gives estimates.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Why would you want a painted trailer? Galvanized will last a lot longer and look way better in a few years.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(no, I think he is saying he keeps finding painted ones--he said earlier in the thread he needs a galvanized one)

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
FWIW, we bought ours with a painted trailer and even using it only a couple of times a season to put the boat in and take it out (lives on a lift during the season and indoor storage in the off season) the thing was turning to crap within 3 or 4 years. When I was (used) boat shopping we factored a new trailer into the price so that "management" wouldn't freak out when the time came. Cost me about $3,500 for a good aluminum trailer for our 24' boat. Traded the rusted out old one to our boat storage place for use as a yard trailer in exchange for a season's indoor storage.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We worked with Long Lake Marina in Naples, ME to get our 242SE last month.

At that time, they had a 242S (white) and a 242SE (black) on their lot. I just drove by the other day and saw the 242S was still there, but not sure if it's spoken for or not. I too insisted on the galvanized trailer; I might have spoken for the final 24' one they had, but I don't know that for sure.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Call Wonderland Marine, Waterford Michigan Ask for Ryan Zamler (844) 248-8489 , let him know Charles mentioned him. It looks like they have stock. He is whom I purchased my 2020 AR210 boat from. Fantastic experience. Great Price, threw in Coast Guard Starter kit.